Thunderstone Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Feel sorry for the new box cover art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just respectfully voicing my opinion about the new box art. Really hate it to say the least. Please change it if possible, dear AEG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Power
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I'm not a huge fan at all either, unfortunately. It's not a big deal but it'd be nice to have something a little better for sure. Compared to all the old TSA box-art, it doesn't hold a candle.

That being said, I'm super stoked to get my hands on a copy of the game and start playing. Here's hoping they make their early 2018 release goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Arpin
United States
Baltic
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on the box art. It isn't comparable to the box art quality of the old sets, or even the art of the retail boxes or card art for TQ. I think it is the weakest piece of art they have shown for the game and it got featured on the box lid. I don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Pan
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like either the last update cover art.
In Tom Vasel's review video, he had an alpha version and it had the same cover art with thisone from the last update. But i was fingerscrossed that this would change.

Then the pictures in the Kickstarter page were an improvement, especially the one for the champion pledge.

In game preview video at Gen Con 50, at 10.24, they say: "It is jus a simulation box. It is not the final".

I think that they should keep one of the pictures from Kickstarter page. Both are better from this alpha version art.

They say box cover doesnt matter. But we give lots of money and when we buy something to put it in our collection. It is another jewel for us.
I wanted TQ to be a new jewel for me, but this box cover-art fogs all the blim-blim.

The game will still be amazing and i cant w8 to play it with my wife and my friends.

Hope AEG will consider what people say.
I think they want to put jewels too in their product lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Post a picture. I'm only familiar with the box art in the video, which looks like it was based on the "only girls have pupils" art on the KS home page. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.