Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Take a Look:

Empyreal: Spells & Steam

Expected Delivery: Winter 2017

From the designer and artist of Argent: the Consortium comes the next chapter in the World of Indines Saga. Immerse yourself in this dynamic, fast-paced rail building adventure, coming to Kickstarter in summer 2017!

Seventh Cross

Expected Delivery: Fall 2018

Our next big box game will be coming to Kickstarter in October 2017! In the meantime, look out for Seventh Cross EXCEED, which will debut earlier this year.
Learn More

Now its clear none of these KS are launching on the times specified which means the expected delivery dates are also not accurate anymore. However lets say they DID launch on time. Seventh Cross launch date to delivery date is about 12 months. Which is rather long for a Level 99 game, I only expect that timeline in a game with Minis which I dont think Seventh Cross has?

But the real question is about Empyreal Lets say it launched in Summer (which is already over) it was gonna deliver in Winter the same year? So thats 3-6 months. 6 months sounds believable (but that could only happen if it launched the first day or Summer which was highly unlikely) but anything before that sounds super short for ANY game. Make me have to ask... How exactly "small" IS this game compared to lets say Seventh Cross, Millennium Blades or Argent that it could be made and in backers hands MUCH faster than any of those 3 games were/will be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You go to eay too much free time lol

I'm going for guess empyreal is finished and it doesn't use any weird components. That's why the quick turn around.

For Seventh Cross, since it is les done, they are likely assuming the worst when it comes to components.

In the end, I'm going to take Brads word for it for how long these things take. And get this, I didn't know if you knew this or not, but sometimes Kickstarter get delayed. I also don't hold this against creators. People try their best with the information they have at the time. Once you realize that, it all adds up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
bubblepipemedia wrote:
You go to eay too much free time lol

I'm going for guess empyreal is finished and it doesn't use any weird components. That's why the quick turn around.

For Seventh Cross, since it is less done, they are likely assuming the worst when it comes to components.

In the end, I'm going to take Brads word for it for how long these things take. And get this, I didn't know if you knew this or not, but sometimes Kickstarter get delayed. I also don't hold this against creators. People try their best with the information they have at the time. Once you realize that, it all adds up.

Umm at what point in this post did I mention having an issue with delays? Im simply pointing out how absurdly short the turn around time for the game in question looks when compared to other games made by the same company. even if you throw in a few extra months for delays(because lets be reals tic they ALL have them) Empyreal will still be the quickest game launch by far compared to the rest.

As for Empyreal probably being already finished. Define finished? Because if by finished you mean what I think you mean then Id have to ask. If thats the case, what would they need our money for if production and all that is done already and the KS hasnt even launched?

As for components and Seventh Cross, well based on all the blogs I doesnt look like that game will have any mini and games with those are the only ones I know of that take 12 months (I mean look at KSes for ppl like SFG or CMON compared to Level 99, Level 99 gets their stuff done much faster than those two. Those two also have 12 month delivery dates from the time the campaign ends whereas L99 KSes have a shorter time line, looking at the lowest common denominator one can assume that the reason the other two take so long is the minis. SO unless Seventh Cross will have them. I dont see what would make it take 12 months.

Lastly, I dont know if YOU knew this or not but ALL THE TIME (not sometimes) Kickstarters get delayed (a least when it comes to delivery. this is the first time Ive experienced KS launch windows/timeframes being delayed but that isnt what this topic is about). So thats expected. I mean name one KS that hit stores and backers hands on the time the KS delivery said it would or earlier? That has NEVER happened as far as I know thus I would NEVER expect it to. SO I wouldnt complain at about that ever. Also before you say Dark Souls, nope. Sure it launched and was received by most BEFORE its delivery date, so it WOULD have been the first KS that not only didnt get delayed but launched early... however. The shipment was split into two phases, we got the core game early, but we're STILL witing on the stretch goals and addons (and some backers in "rest of the world" still havent gotten their FIRST WAVE yet) SO while Dark Souls has done BETTER than most even it still hasnt broken the "always gets delayed" trend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Even though I designed Empyreal, this is pure speculation on my part. I don't deal with components/art/etc...AT ALL, so my guess is as good as anyone's.

But I think Empyreal's components are simpler than Argent's and Seventh Cross's. Not that they are any less-cool. If anything, they might be even cooler. But I think they are simpler to create and assemble, certainly more so than Argent's base-system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
well in that case that definitely explains the turn around rate. Though that being said I would think cards would be the simplest things to do manufacturing/assembly wise and Millennium Blades was 98% cards but even if production window wasnt as short as Empyreal's.

But of course while cards are indeed fast and easy to print, there of course had to be 500+ different pieces of art for each card which is by no means a fast process. Whereas Empyreal will obviously not have nearly as much art as all the cars in MB, so of course that still explains why MB would take a bit longer to hit Shelves than Empyreal. But kinda Sucks Seventh Cross will take til about End of next year beginning of 2019 to get done (I was hoping April-June 2017). But thats balanced out by the fact that Empyreal will be done MUCH faster than expected.

One other thing is cost last two Ks Ive anticipated were quite fun in the cost factor. I had 350 saved up for Resident Evil 2 all in pledge (since Dark Souls cost me 400-550) only for it to launch and only cost 170 for everything. Then Had 60-100 saved up for Temporal Odyssey only to find out thatll only cost 25 for everything with shipping, and now Im holding on to 200 each for everything for Empyreal and Seventh Cross whenever they hit KS, lets hope they too surprise me by costing less (for everything not just the base/core page pledge with no addons) than Ive anticipated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very excited for both Empyreal and Seventh Cross!!

I do not take any dates too seriously due to 95% of all of the dates predictions not coming to fruition.

Also, this is a totally different "Duo Maxwell". I thought it was awesome that someone else chose the same handle/pseudonym.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.