Popular Tags: [View All]
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game, but it's difficult to get to the table in my house, due to needing 3 players.

Has anyone done any thinking on a 2 player variant?

If not, I might toy with it a little this weekend, see if I can cook something up that is satisfying so I can play this game more than twice a year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just coming for the top of my head,

How about each player taking control of 2 colors, so its a 4p setup playing 2v2, and at the end of the game you win by having a higher total; Or maybe only count the lower one, Reiner-Knizia-style devil devil devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkavatar1470 wrote:

How about each player taking control of 2 colors, so its a 4p setup playing 2v2, and at the end of the game you win by having a higher total; Or maybe only count the lower one, Reiner-Knizia-style devil devil devil

That could work, and I like the lower total is your final score, as that encourages you to really "play" both colors well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
darkavatar1470 wrote:

I received my copy today, read the rules, and immediately began thinking about two player variants. I can't see how this wouldn't work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Weiß
Germany
Grenzach-Wyhlen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Doug, did you play with two? If so how was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Franks 71 wrote:

I tried it once. It was okay, but it is obvious the game would be better with more players. We would much rather play Spectaculum with two players, which this game is quite similar to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Franks 71 wrote:

I actually played the game two player today as well. We each used two colors and scored based on the lowest score between the two, as suggested.

I liked it, but I have plenty of two player games to play, so I'm not itching to get it to the table with two again anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lesher
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkavatar1470 wrote:

My wife and I just did this. It worked very well. I played green and black. The hardest part was I sometimes caught myself thinking about the best move for green when it was actually black's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.