Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
Unless the retailer pledged to the kickstarter

Dang, deleted before the response. Turns out Philibert buys their games at Essen since they are close, so these aren't 'retail'.

For those who missed my post but are here anyway, philibertnet.com has pre-orders available for their customers including US. If you want the game and didn't do the KS, better get in fast. I've used them for many many shipments, their UPS gets to me in two days and I'm in SoCal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from Philibert, and if anyone asks that was my plan all along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are buying at Essen, does that mean the KS queenie bonus will be included ? I do believe I read Essen copies will have them included iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
If they are buying at Essen, does that mean the KS queenie bonus will be included ? I do believe I read Essen copies will have them included iirc.

You can contact them and ask, they'll get back to you, I've found them to be very responsive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they are somehow guaranteed a certain number of purchases at Essen, that seems a little risky. Although I suppose they can just refund unfulfilled orders to some potentially unhappy customers.

Anyway, I'm in cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel Weisbecker
France
Brumath
flag msg tools
dvation wrote:
Unless they are somehow guaranteed a certain number of purchases at Essen, that seems a little risky. Although I suppose they can just refund unfulfilled orders to some potentially unhappy customers.

Anyway, I'm in cool

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that Queen Games distribution policy differs between America and Europe. Philibert is a french shop, and in France Queen Games are distributed by Atalia. So Philibert should be provided with all the games they need. I don't see why Philibert wouldn't be able to fulfill some orders.

Kindly,
Lionel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Liopotame wrote:
dvation wrote:

Anyway, I'm in cool

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that Queen Games distribution policy differs between America and Europe. Philibert is a french shop, and in France Queen Games are distributed by Atalia. So Philibert should be provided with all the games they need. I don't see why Philibert wouldn't be able to fulfill some orders.

Kindly,
Lionel

Hi Lionel,
I think the point is that Queen games have stated via the person running their campaign that the game isn't going to retail at all. It's not just that they aren't distributing in the USA/Canada/UK. So Philibert's method of getting some may be the only way outside of the routes they have said they will support for the game - KS/Convention sales / Queen games website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This version of either game will not be in distribution in the United States, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, and certain European Countries. They are only available through Kickstarter or directly from Queen Games at conventions or online.

They don't specifically mention France either way. That said, if Philibert doesn't get an allotment, and can't fulfill, I'll at least get my money back, which is not guaranteed when backing a Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liopotame wrote:
dvation wrote:

Anyway, I'm in cool

Hi,

Kindly,
Lionel

/shrug
The posts above seem to indicate Philibert is getting the copies at Essen not through traditional distribution models but maybe I've misunderstood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding from a reliable source is that philibertnet.com is getting their copies from Essen. You can always contact them if you have questions, they do respond in a reasonable (like a day or two) amount of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder if Funagain will be picking up at Essen as well.

They don't have it listed, but I know they generally do a lot of Essen pickups
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gates
United Kingdom
County Armagh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I represent a UK online retailer and we have confirmation that we will receive copies of Merlin via our normal distributor though they estimate a December retail distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alangates wrote:
I represent a UK online retailer and we have confirmation that we will receive copies of Merlin via our normal distributor though they estimate a December retail distribution.

Would love to hear Ian's response to this! They clearly said they won't distribute retail until the second print run, and that is dependent on the success of the first run (KS/Essen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrdavis4 wrote:
alangates wrote:

Would love to hear Ian's response to this! They clearly said they won't distribute retail until the second print run, and that is dependent on the success of the first run (KS/Essen).

Not really, they made a vague statement with plenty of holes built in.

Quote:
This version of either game will not be in distribution in the United States, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, and certain European Countries. They are only available through Kickstarter or directly from Queen Games at conventions or online.

Also remember, that their spokesperson for this campaign was a contractor, and not an employee, so that too is a hole for which loops may be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alangates wrote:

This is hilarious. Queen lied and I can't say we're surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I decided to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel Weisbecker
France
Brumath
flag msg tools
jschlickbernd wrote:
My understanding from a reliable source is that philibertnet.com is getting their copies from Essen. You can always contact them if you have questions, they do respond in a reasonable (like a day or two) amount of time.

Hi,

Maybe they will get their first copies at Essen, but what I know for sure is that the company Atalia is Queen Games official distributor for France, and the distributor stated that Merlin would be distributed in retail. Furthermore there are other French shops on which you can already preorder the game. Of course I can't write on behalf of Atalia or Philibert, so I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty confident.

Now obviously I'm aware about France but I would be surprised if the game wasn't available in Germany or other western countries (cf. Alan Gates' message).

PS : I work close to Philibert physical shop so if I ever get by I could ask them directly... But for the good of my wallet I'd rather stay away from this place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry you have to click the + magnifying glass to read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I am not seeing any "lie" just people willfully misinterpreting what has been said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:

It is clear to me that there are quite a few people who are operating on the assumption that we are trying to manipulate people, swindle their money, and ride laughing maniacally off into the sunset. For those people, I know everything I say will be parsed and dissected for hidden clues of our intentions. I also know they have made up their minds, and there is nothing I can say to change it. However, for those who may be here legitimately trying to find out what's going on, I will lay out the situation as we have stated it:

1. The game will not be going to distribution in the US, Canada, Australia, and most of the world. We have never said the game will not be for sale outside of the kickstarter. We have never said it cannot be in retailers. What we have said is that we are not using normal distribution channels for those areas. The game can be purchased directly from us either online or at conventions. Retailers, if they backed the KS or contact us afterwards, can get the game, just not from distributors.

2. The situation described above is true for parts of Europe as well. However, we do have established relationships with some distributors or retail stores in Europe which we will be using; however, the retail version will not be the same as the Kickstarter version, as it will not include the Queenies. Those will never be for sale at retail. Now, I am sure many will be miffed that we did not provide a specific list of countries we are distributing to. We can't do that, mainly because it would be silly for us to. Many people feel that if something is a kickstarter, all details of the business model should be an open discussion. That is simply not true. Distribution within the EU & the UK is more fluid, and a distributer in one country might make it available in a neighboring one. We are not trying to be intentionally vague, merely we realize that providing a specific list would be folly at this point.

Everything I have written is in line with the statement above on the campaign page, so it perplexes me why we are being portrayed as lying. There were many comments about the game not being in normal retail channels here and on the campaign page; however, the majority of our backers are from regions where this is the case, and I tried to answer people's questions specifically for them.

Finally, I have heard a lot of proclamations of facts on these pages from people who clearly don't know as much as they think, and that includes my status as a "contractor." I would like to state that I am guessing nobody here knows the circumstances through which I agreed to take on this role, and so statement about that have little value. I represent Queen games for this campaign.

We have two games that we think are fantastic, and that we want people to play. We are not trying to play games and limit people's opportunity. We had to make decisions for these two titles based on the current situation, but our desire is not to withhold from people, but to provide for them the opportunity to play what we think is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissellMissile wrote:
Finally, I have heard a lot of proclamations of facts on these pages from people who clearly don't know as much as they think, and that includes my status as a "contractor." I would like to state that I am guessing nobody here knows the circumstances through which I agreed to take on this role, and so statement about that have little value. I represent Queen games for this campaign.

Are you employed full time by Queen Games? If not, that makes you a contractor.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26915687#26915687
KissellMissile wrote:
I am the person mentioned in the campaign, but I am not full time.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26962435#26962435
KissellMissile wrote:
If you are following the campaign, you've seen my name pop up answering comments. I'm not technically a Queen employee, but they are contracting me for the campaign to help with customer relations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never claimed to not be a contractor. I am saying that "therefore that means" statements are probably dubious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From (my emphasis): https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26904475#26904475

KissellMissile wrote:

Trying to be as clear as I can. I am not a prophet, but my guess is that MM will pull this pre-order. If a retailer wants to offer the game, they will have to get it through the Kickstarter retailer pledge level. There is not a secret printing without the kickstarter that is going into general distribution.

KissellMissile wrote:

[/q]

Maybe you should avoid falling in your own semantic game.

FIX: removed quote

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What semantic game? Those two quotes are saying the exact same thing.

If I am not mistaken, that thread was talking about a US retailer, not a French one, or a UK one, etc. I gave an answer that was completely true for what we were discussing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.