Eldritch Horror» Forums » News

Subject: New expansion coming (hinted for Arkham Nights) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Arkham Nights 2017 was announced today on FFG site (link).

The text reads (emphasis mine):

You'll have the chance to play and purchase the Streets of Arkham expansion for Mansions of Madness Second Edition before its release to the outside world, and you can peek behind the curtain at upcoming expansions for both Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror

Happy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"All my favorite foods have butter on them. Pancakes, toast, popcorn, grapes...butter is my favorite food!"
mbmbmbmbmb
aww jeez. More?

*dramatic sigh*

Im excited because I love content, but we're getting reallllly unnecessarily close to arkham horror lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
Im excited because I love content, but we're getting reallllly unnecessarily close to arkham horror lol

How so? You'll never have more than 2 expansion boards on the table, and even that is rare. And more often than not, you won't have any expansion boards on the table. You have to pretty much explicitly decide to use Expansion board XYZ to get it on the table. Contrast that with Arkham which has no "rules" for only using one expansion vs all expansions, so many try to play with all boards.

Eldritch Horror thought through the many-future-expansions from the beginning and did a pretty good job of it. I think the only thing that one might not like with all these expansions is how big certain decks might get. But I like the additional cards. Really adds to the replayability as you rarely see the same card pulled.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So many good exclusives as someone who also plays The Card Game.... I need this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Netslummer wrote:

How so? You'll never have more than 2 expansion boards on the table, and even that is rare. And more often than not, you won't have any expansion boards on the table. You have to pretty much explicitly decide to use Expansion board XYZ to get it on the table. Contrast that with Arkham which has no "rules" for only using one expansion vs all expansions, so many try to play with all boards.

Eldritch Horror thought through the many-future-expansions from the beginning and did a pretty good job of it. I think the only thing that one might not like with all these expansions is how big certain decks might get. But I like the additional cards. Really adds to the replayability as you rarely see the same card pulled.

-shnar

Absolutely agreed. At this point in its release, AH needed an expansion to fix how the other expansions worked together. EH has deftly avoided that mess.

Bring on more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
Netslummer wrote:

-shnar

The only deck that's getting too big for me is the asset deck. But I just leave the cards in the filing system anyway, these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The biggest problem that all the expansions have created is figuring out how to store them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
The biggest problem that all the expansions have created is figuring out how to store them all.

Yep. After the last expansion, my Hobby Lobby art box with horizontal dividers is pretty much full. I may have to switch to vertical dividers, but then I have to redo all my cool index cards. 1st world problems, I guess!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd spotted this too.

Definitely intrigued to see what they bring - I got the impression that it would be an Arkham Knights preview of a later expansion (maybe January like Dreamlands)

My biggest concern is shuffling those fat decks of tiny cards. My fingers just aren't that nimble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg McCleary
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As for storage, I bought the EH storage box from Lyris Laser Studio and I still have plenty of room even with all expansions. Check them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I don't have much of a problem storing it. I use two of the big game boxes, one has an index system I made from about 3 bucks worth of plasticard and all the cards, the other has a small plastic box (for screws and nails, I think) with all the tokens, the sideboards and two small expansion boxes, one with all the monsters, the other with all the investigators. Fits fine, still has space for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Do
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What excites me the most is the prospect of new investigators. Another small box would include the 4 new investigators from MoM2, but a big box would have that, and Sefina, AND another 3 completely new ones. SO EXCITE!!!! What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken DDoox wrote:
What excites me the most is the prospect of new investigators. Another small box would include the 4 new investigators from MoM2, but a big box would have that, and Sefina, AND another 3 completely new ones. SO EXCITE!!!! What do you guys think?

I'm excited about this two. My only very minor gripe is that we always play with the FFG Investigator minis, and if they do this there won't be minis for Sefina or the other 3 new ones they make (at least until MoM2E adds them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thomas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be interesting. It will great when they actually tell us the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just John
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Behind every fear, is a person you want to be.
mbmbmbmb
I'm behind in buying expansions and don't really need any more for the time being... But I happily welcome more options for future purchases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Do
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With the amount of content we're having now, I think we're set for a long time. I just want more investigators and AOs now, haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Ken DDoox wrote:
With the amount of content we're having now, I think we're set for a long time. I just want more investigators and AOs now, haha

It's actually true.

I have everything for Eldritch Horror and I think the item which would increase replayability the most (even though replayability is already very high) would be additional Ancient Ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL.. I was just thinking of ordering dreamlands and now another one is coming. man I better catch up with this game LOL

is soooo good and so much content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
New AOs is nice, of course. If there's ever a miskatonic-type expansion, I'd also quite like to see more versions of some spells and conditions that only come in four varieties. Maybe a few more conditions in general. (I mean, given how often drugs are mentioned in the dream cycle, I was surprised there wasn't anything drug-related in the dream lands. Laudanum as a item and addiction conditions, please!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackhalo23 wrote:
Ken DDoox wrote:

It's actually true.

I have everything for Eldritch Horror and I think the item which would increase replayability the most (even though replayability is already very high) would be additional Ancient Ones.

Agreed. I've said many times (and I'm not alone on that front) that I hope that even after they stop making boxed expansions for EH, they consider doing Print-on-Demand "Ancient One" packs.

EH is designed perfectly for this, since none of the decks related to the Ancient One (mystery, research, special encounters) mix with other decks, so the cardstock issue would not be a concern. If they made a new AO sheet, added the decks and maybe a small 4-token sheet of monsters if needed, then slapped a $12-$15 price tag on it... I'd insta-buy the crap out of as many of those as they put out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik O'Rourke
Ireland
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i had an idea for Glaaki.

his cultists hand out diseased conditions if they hurt you, and on a reckoning you spawn another cultist on that location, then move that cultist one space away, if able, to a location without a cultist on that space.

kind of like a spreading of zombies, i thought it was a cool idea. ^_^
you could also set aside the zombie and zombie horde or something idk.

i would just love an additional 10 Ancient One's kind of like what was in the Shadow over Innsmouth expansion, which was a TON of AOs lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clair B. Hurt
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping that the next big box expansion is Lovecraft Country themed. I've bought everything Eldritch Horror, and this would be the perfect expansion for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hauntster wrote:
I am hoping that the next big box expansion is Lovecraft Country themed. I've bought everything Eldritch Horror, and this would be the perfect expansion for me.

What do you mean by ‘Lovecraft country’?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Hauntster wrote:

What do you mean by ‘Lovecraft country’?

Looks like it's an (Unreleased) Novel - possibly with an HBO adaptation to follow.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lovecraft-Country-Matt-Ruff-ebook/d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Lovecraft county is the name usually given to the New England area that Lovecraft invented. The Miskatonic River, Arkham, Dunwich, Kingsport and all the evil hinterlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.