Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Transatlantic» Forums » General

Subject: Now Q1 2018? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Sheffield
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see several recent posts touting a Nov. 8 release date on Rio Grande's website, but it appears that listing may be gone now (replaced only with a "will be released" disclaimer). I went to put in a preorder through my FLGS last week, and their listing for the game indicates it won't be released until the first quarter of next year.

Anyone have any idea how accurate this may be? I realize game release dates are always something of a moving target, but I was really hoping to pick this one up as a Christmas gift.

TIA!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the front page of the Rio Grande website, it still lists an 11/8 release date. Of course, in the past, these dates have rarely been correct, and I've had several orders sit after several Essens, waiting for RGG releases. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's Q1 2018, but the website does still say 11/8.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Transatlantic just appeared on Philibert and it's expected to end October.
I know want the rules !
Price : 39;95€ great news !
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FitzChevalery wrote:
Transatlantic just appeared on Philibert and it's expected to end October.
I know want the rules !
Price : 39;95€ great news !


They are getting it directly from Essen.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
FitzChevalery wrote:
Transatlantic just appeared on Philibert and it's expected to end October.
I know want the rules !
Price : 39;95€ great news !


They are getting it directly from Essen.



You're right, and i like that
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes just snagged my copy from Philibertnet ...Max Gerdts autobuy for me even without rules :-)

Ric
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Symington
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the Philibert pre-orders out of stock? I just checked and I wasn't able to order it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They normally pick up a small supply from Essen but if it’s shaded out that means they will be out of stock until full retail release ...

Ric
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Symington
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
They normally pick up a small supply from Essen but if it’s shaded out that means they will be out of stock until full retail release ...

Ric


Thanks. It wasn't shaded out, but I couldn't click on the order button when I moused over it. Wish I had known about it earlier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Symington
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Goatcabin wrote:
On the front page of the Rio Grande website, it still lists an 11/8 release date. Of course, in the past, these dates have rarely been correct, and I've had several orders sit after several Essens, waiting for RGG releases. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's Q1 2018, but the website does still say 11/8.


I messaged Rio Grande on FB. I heard back, but there was no useful information in their responses.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

I know this might not help atm but pd-Verlag get their games out after Essen pretty fast compared to many other companies ...

I would also suggest you keep revisiting philibertnet.com as they may increase their stock from Essen if the demand is high and they are able to do so...

I missed a game earlier, and then just happened to check it again for price only to discover that they had more in stock ...bingo!

Also there is often a button that allows you to be contacted when the item is back in stock ...

Cheers

Ric
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Symington
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
Brian,

I know this might not help atm but pd-Verlag get their games out after Essen pretty fast compared to many other companies ...

I would also suggest you keep revisiting philibertnet.com as they may increase their stock from Essen if the demand is high and they are able to do so...

I missed a game earlier, and then just happened to check it again for price only to discover that they had more in stock ...bingo!

Also there is often a button that allows you to be contacted when the item is back in stock ...

Cheers

Ric


THANKS! Now to see if I can track down a copy of the Marco Polo expansion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bpsymington wrote:
Peisistratous wrote:
Brian,

I know this might not help atm but pd-Verlag get their games out after Essen pretty fast compared to many other companies ...

I would also suggest you keep revisiting philibertnet.com as they may increase their stock from Essen if the demand is high and they are able to do so...

I missed a game earlier, and then just happened to check it again for price only to discover that they had more in stock ...bingo!

Also there is often a button that allows you to be contacted when the item is back in stock ...

Cheers

Ric


THANKS! Now to see if I can track down a copy of the Marco Polo expansion.


Ditto...plus it would be cheaper than the zman version too lol...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Transatlantic now has an MSRP on the Rio Grande site: $64.95. That's a positive sign for it arriving in stores soon...right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.