Subject: Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade discussion thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the no shipping leftover math trade for visitors of Spiel 2017.

Please use this thread for all non item-specific discussions as well as for general questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade

If you don't want to keep up with this discussion thread, please subscribe to the announcement thread in order not to miss any important information:
Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade announcement thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for helping Benjamin out with this left over math trade, Marco! thumbsupcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you, Marco!

I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly, but I can't seem to get my game added in the OWLG database, though it added it to the Geeklist. I didn't have a problem with this before in the first math trade, so I don't know what to do. I resynced my BGG data to reflect one new trade offer, and just need to get it added. Any idea what I am missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:

I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly, but I can't seem to get my game added in the OWLG database, though it added it to the Geeklist. I didn't have a problem with this before in the first math trade, so I don't know what to do. I resynced my BGG data to reflect one new trade offer, and just need to get it added. Any idea what I am missing?

Not sure which OLWLG database you mean. If it's the one shown by step 3 (all the games being offered), note that this is not automatic : the organiser has to manually sync the OLWLG list from the geeklist, which is usually once a day or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
divenal wrote:
alicialaura wrote:

Not sure which OLWLG database you mean. If it's the one shown by step 3 (all the games being offered), note that this is not automatic : the organiser has to manually sync the OLWLG list from the geeklist, which is usually once a day or so.

Ohhhhh, okay...so if the item is in the geeklist, I'm good? Very easy. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich I.
Austria
Feldkirch
flag msg tools
badge
Nice Dice to all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing this! I will add my games later this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
Ohhhhh, okay...so if the item is in the geeklist, I'm good? Very easy. Thank you!

Having it on the geeklist is all you have to do for now. As soon as I'm able to sync the list to OLWGL I'll post a notice. You can then see the games in the tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade is now available in OLWGL. This means you can now use OLWGL to add the games that haven't traded in the main trade to the geeklist. To do this you click on the box with the little green + and go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Welch
United Kingdom
Morton in Marsh
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yay started putting stuff on now just waiting for the next manual sync to check it is all working properly! I'm thinking of trying out the system where you use priorities to auto tick boxes.... never done that before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco, maybe you can announce the trade here to attract more attention?

https://bg.geekdo.com/thread/218951/math-trade-announcements...

At least I get all my new math trade info from there (except this one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized I forgot that this morning and put it on my to do list. shake I'll put it up there after dinner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicidemas wrote:
I'm thinking of trying out the system where you use priorities to auto tick boxes.... never done that before!

I like this new functionality a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last day to add/edit/remove items from the list

The submission period will end tomorrow between 7 and 8 pm. Please do the following 2 things if you have items on the list:
1 - Remove items that are sold or otherwise unavailable for trading. Do this before the submission period closes. After tomorrow 7 pm you're not allowed to delete items any more.
2 - Check in OLWGL if you have any unanswered questions or comments on you items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

Do not delete items from the trade list anymore!

The usual advice for creating good want lists: assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favorite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favorite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh wow, I hadn't seen this thread before and thought it ended at 8pm. Seems I was just barely in time, though I'm sure someone else that relied on the OLWLG countdown was hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly my bad!! My apologies!

In the geeklist it indeed said 8, while I posted between 7 and 8 yesterday. I only (re)discovered the time in the geeklist when I had already finished all the steps to end the submission period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina Gršković
Belgium
Etterbeek
flag msg tools
Hi!

I know this sounds silly, but, to ask anyway: I was unhappy with the result of the Essen no-shipping math trade as I got only one trade (my first math trade and not much luck), and would have joined the leftovers trade if I knew it was going to happen, but as Ben had said he will not be running it, I thought it would not happen. I came back now, and saw that it did happen as you took it over, but the deadline is already past. Is there any chance of extension of the deadline by a day or two, so I cound join?

I had no idea that, if Ben does not organise it, someone else might take over...

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandro Eifert
Germany
Leimen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just wanted to highlight;

OLWLG and Geeklist are not in Sync!

Item 1555 Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends from Tobl was deleted from the list after the last sync with OLWLG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Athavar wrote:

Item 1555 Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends from Tobl was deleted from the list after the last sync with OLWLG

I'm sorry. I thought I did all my changes before the deadline, but apparently I didn't. I will submit an empty wantlist for that game, I hope with that there won't be any conflicts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandro Eifert
Germany
Leimen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
Athavar wrote:

I'm sorry. I thought I did all my changes before the deadline, but apparently I didn't. I will submit an empty wantlist for that game, I hope with that there won't be any conflicts.

Yeah, I have no clue if there is any risk or not.
I would assume as well, an empty list should do the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marina,

I'm sorry to say I can't shift the deadline.
I can only give a hint about how to prevent missing a math trade (whether it's a leftover trade or another). Most math trades are announced in Math Trade Announcements Thread. If you subscribe to that thread you'll get an update if a math trade is started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Janßen
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
Athavar wrote:

An empty wantlist should do the trick.
Because if you don't want anything for it nobody can get it.

See rules 3i and 5a.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina Gršković
Belgium
Etterbeek
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks. I thought so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tricoli
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry for my english.
I have a question.

We can send the want list though in geeklist are 1565 item while in olwlg are 1566 item?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is no problem. You can compile your wantlist in OLWGL and send it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.