Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the announcement thread for the no shipping leftover math trade for visitors of Spiel 2017.

Do not post in this thread!

This thread will provide announcements, updates, reminders, and other important information regarding the Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade.

The idea is that only the organizer account posts in this thread to keep it limited to relevant information. If you don't want to keep up with the discussion thread, subscribe to this thread instead and it will provide you with all the important information (and not much more than that). Please do not post in this thread.

All information provided here will be mirrored in the Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade discussion thread to allow for questions and comments over there.

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade

Please use the discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat:
Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade discussion thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade is now available in OLWGL. This means you can now use OLWGL to add the games that haven't traded in the main trade to the geeklist. To do this you click on the box with the little green + and go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last day to add/edit/remove items from the list

The submission period will end tomorrow between 7 and 8 pm. Please do the following 2 things if you have items on the list:
1 - Remove items that are sold or otherwise unavailable for trading. Do this before the submission period closes. After tomorrow 7 pm you're not allowed to delete items any more.
2 - Check in OLWGL if you have any unanswered questions or comments on you items.

Do not post in this thread. Please use the Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade discussion thread for questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

Do not delete items from the trade list anymore!

The usual advice for creating good want lists: assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favorite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favorite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).

Do not post in this thread. Please use the Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade discussion thread for questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is about 24 hours left before the leftover trade ends. Tomorrow (Saturday 07.10.2017) the submitting of want list will be closed between 1 and 2 pm (CEST).

I just mailed everybody who hasn't submitted a want list yet and those that have changed their wants after submitting (but haven't submitted those changes).

A few more useful things to do and check:

E Check the availability of the items on your want lists at SPIEL'17. Will you be able to collect them?

E Check the language of the items on your want lists.

E Use duplicate protection if you don't want to end up with multiple copies of the same game.

E If you posted money offers, remove all other money offers from their respective want lists.

E Check OLWLG for warnings and notifications regarding your items and want lists and check for highlighted lines in the table view. Investigate these issues.

E Remember that you not only need to save ("Confirm") your lists in OLWLG but also submit them ("Submit Your Lists Here!" -> "Submit My Wants"). You will get a confirmation GeekMail from OLWLG. The same is true if you already submitted your lists but made changes afterwards: You will have to submit your new set of lists and you will get a new confirmation GeekMail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results are up!

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being pending results summary. It will take you to the results.
If a link in OLWLG doesn't work as expected (table format view, arbitrage check etc.) try adding &pending=1 to the URL.

Important: Check your results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Reminder: Mistakes you made by checking the wrong boxes while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agreed to accept it in exchange for your respective item as stated in the rules.

Please do not ask me to upload the WANTS. I will do this once the results are confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
24 hours have passed and there were no blocking errors found.

The results are confirmed. Happy trading!

Please remember that using the BGG Trade Manager is encouraged.
Have a great time at SPIEL'17 in Essen and I hope to meet you there.

Do not post in this thread. Please use the Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping leftover math trade discussion thread for questions.[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blatant copy of Benjamins announcement below ninja

cuazzel wrote:
I have received confirmation from Friedhelm Merz Verlag that they are okay with last year's meeting place for the Math Trade, so now officially reconfirmed:

There will be a general math trade meeting each day at noon (12:00 CEST on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and 12:00 CET on Sunday) in front of hall 3 next to Entrance West - right hand of the entrance area when approaching the entrance from the outside:

Note that the area is roofed but still outside. Wear suitable clothes and protect your games from rain and moisture. Since it may get chilly in October in Germany, please be on time before your trade partners turn into icicles. There is a roofed veranda that runs alongside the building and provides enough space to move along in two directions with people standing on both sides. Don't be afraid to delve into this dungeon of trading.

Remember that you may agree on any type of user identification to make sure to find the right person. You may exchange phone numbers and send each other a confirmation text message in Essen or log in to your BGG account as proof of your identity. You may also exchange a password via GeekMail in advance or let your trade partners know what you will be wearing (apart from the obvious sign with your username ).

Finally, to make sure you don't get lost, Alain Baum (DukeOfEarl) has once again provided us with his awesome hall plans. Please head over to this thread:
Hall Plans for Essen Spiel 2017 - Detailed Maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.