Subject: A Few Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
I know why this keeps coming back on the table; it is a truly great game!

I was replaying some things from my last play through mission 1, and after re-skimming the rules I have the following questions:

1. A Trench or Foxholes cover marker can hold all 16 non-vehicle steps allowed on the card, correct?

2. 6.4 under Machine Guns says that they "produce an Automatic Weapons (A) VOF". The US .50 caliber is a machine gun and produces an H VOF. The .50 cal MG counter says HMG, so I think this one is pretty well implied that it is an A or H VOF?

3. 4.2.2.a says if adjacent cards have trench markers, "Do not mark a unit as Exposed if it moves from under a Trench, Bunker, or Pillbox Cover marker on the first card to under one of those Cover markers on the second card..." Section 6.4 says that MGs "cannot fire at all if marked with an Exposed marker, ..." Q: An HMG is under a Trench marker and moves to an adjacent card also having a Trench marker and is not marked exposed. Can the MG then fire?

Thanks.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jboy3294 wrote:
I know why this keeps coming back on the table; it is a truly great game!

I was replaying some things from my last play through mission 1, and after re-skimming the rules I have the following questions:

1. A Trench or Foxholes cover marker can hold all 16 non-vehicle steps allowed on the card, correct?

These are field fortifications and markers may set limits. Also they may represent more than just one trench. They represent a juicy target and if 16 steps them that's an additional -13 to incoming and G! VoF.

My bold

"Unless specified on the marker, there is no limit to the number of Steps that you can place under a given Cover marker, but only units of one side can be under a given Cover marker at any one time. Note: Ignore any casualties under a Cover marker when determining if the Cover marker is occupied. However, putting too many troops under the same Cover marker increases their vulnerability to indirect fire and grenades. For every Step above three that is under a Cover marker, each unit attacked by a Grenade or Incoming! VOF receives a –1 modifier."

jboy3294 wrote:

2. 6.4 under Machine Guns says that they "produce an Automatic Weapons (A) VOF". The US .50 caliber is a machine gun and produces an H VOF. The .50 cal MG counter says HMG, so I think this one is pretty well implied that it is an A or H VOF?

Yes all the descriptions for the weapons include the typical VoF s generated. It may not be obvious to everyone , most are wargamers but there are plenty of gamers out there that normally play euros , sports or family games.

jboy3294 wrote:

3. 4.2.2.a says if adjacent cards have trench markers, "Do not mark a unit as Exposed if it moves from under a Trench, Bunker, or Pillbox Cover marker on the first card to under one of those Cover markers on the second card..." Section 6.4 says that MGs "cannot fire at all if marked with an Exposed marker, ..." Q: An HMG is under a Trench marker and moves to an adjacent card also having a Trench marker and is not marked exposed. Can the MG then fire?

Yes it is carried through the trench lines under cover , as opposed to being disassembled and manhandled over the top and carried across open ground. Definitely going to attract attention and their first thought will be getting set up and looking for cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Jerry;

Thanks. I was playing that a trench and/or foxhole was not the same as a "basic" cover marker for the 3 step part of it. They were there in greater detail than the generic cover since they don't count against the total cover allowed. I have had that wrong.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jboy3294 wrote:
Jerry;

Thanks. I was playing that a trench and/or foxhole was not the same as a "basic" cover marker for the 3 step part of it. They were there in greater detail than the generic cover since they don't count against the total cover allowed. I have had that wrong.

John

Cool , its the rule for the 4 types of cover listed following the general cover rules. If the card has multiple cover its always best to seek it out and split your squads and teams between cover but be careful not to loose communication at a critical moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.