Hide
6 Posts

Flatline» Forums » General

Subject: Is the game strictly more difficult with fewer players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
I have not played this game yet, but I am interested in picking it up.

I skimmed the rulebook, so I know players roll an extra die in a two player game, but wouldn't the game still be strictly harder with two players since your dice pool is so much smaller? I assume saving patients is a bit easier in the sense that you only have to coordinate with one other person, but two players still have access to only 14 dice, compared to 24 for four players. That means more options, greater access to re-rolls, etc.

Am I right in my assumptions or am I missing something? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
It scales pretty well actually - you have less dice with 2 but also less patients to heal overall. Also, placing dice is a little easier as you only coordinate with 1 other person and some spaces that have special requirements (e.g. all players must place die here) are easier. I actually think the hardest part is coordinate with everyone so it's more difficult, not less difficult with more people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, it's easier with more people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Ohh, I must have missed that in the rules. If the number of patients scales with the number of players, that's all I need to know. Thanks for replying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
In my opinion, it's easier with more people.

Late to this conversation, but the game is so much more dominated by randomness at the lower player counts that it's gone from "must buy" to "probably won't play again" after a few 2p games.

I would not recommend purchasing this unless you plan to play with 4 all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for your input! I can totally see how that would be the case, even with the extra dice, two players simply roll way fewer dice overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.