Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mysterium» Forums » General

Subject: Which sleeves do you use? Looking for some that won't topple easily rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat O'Donnell
msg tools
mb
Recently got Mysterium and very much would like to protect the beautiful artwork on the cards.

Which cards do you recommend to sleeve? There are a TON with this game.

I feel that off the bat, I absolutely need to sleeve the vision cards at the very least. I am debating on the other cards, as it seems they do not get touched as much.

Most importantly, the vision cards alone will be a huge stack of cards. One thing I hate about sleeving large decks is the inability to stack cards on top of each other without them sliding all over the place and easily toppling.

Could anyone recommend some sleeves that would do the job for this?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
General Sleeving note : I always store the cards very tightly for a period of time after they've been sleeved to reduce the 'air pocket' they seem to build up, this can help with tall stacks.

That said, while I sleeve a lot of my games, I've never been keen to sleeve Mysterium, no idea why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves for games Geeklist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using Swan Pan Asia Premium for the large cards and Fantasy Flight for the small and medium cards.

I'm not usually a sleever but we fell in love with Mysterium and played it a lot in a short amount of time. I started to notice wear on all the cards right away so I sleeved them.

I originally used Mayday on the large cards but upgraded to Swan Pan Asia Premium because the sleeves were getting torn at the corners on the open end and the edges were loosing stiffness due to shuffling.

The Fantasy Flight on the other cards has been great. They still seem like new. But they don't make them for the large Dixit size cards.

The Vision cards are the most in need of sleeves but I felt the others needed them too. The ghost cards slide in and out of the screen which puts wear on them. The psychic cards have to be shuffled and we pick them up and pass them around when we are discussing them so while they may not get as much handling as the vision cards, I could still see that they were getting worn. Also, a few got scratched by the intuition tokens.

Sleeves do have the drawback of creating glare that makes it hard to see the art on the cards.

Hope I have been of help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat O'Donnell
msg tools
mb
rainbowrose wrote:
I'm using Swan Pan Asia Premium for the large cards and Fantasy Flight for the small and medium cards.

I'm not usually a sleever but we fell in love with Mysterium and played it a lot in a short amount of time. I started to notice wear on all the cards right away so I sleeved them.

I originally used Mayday on the large cards but upgraded to Swan Pan Asia Premium because the sleeves were getting torn at the corners on the open end and the edges were loosing stiffness due to shuffling.

The Fantasy Flight on the other cards has been great. They still seem like new. But they don't make them for the large Dixit size cards.

The Vision cards are the most in need of sleeves but I felt the others needed them too. The ghost cards slide in and out of the screen which puts wear on them. The psychic cards have to be shuffled and we pick them up and pass them around when we are discussing them so while they may not get as much handling as the vision cards, I could still see that they were getting worn. Also, a few got scratched by the intuition tokens.

Sleeves do have the drawback of creating glare that makes it hard to see the art on the cards.

Hope I have been of help.

Thank you for such a great post. I have a few questions:

Do you find that the vision cards have trouble stacking after sleeveing? I know that this will cause the pile to become much taller, which makes it prone to toppling/sliding around.

Secondly, were you able to fit the ghost cards in the screen okay after sleeveing them? I was worried this might make them too large and hard to fit in.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards don't topple or slide once the sleeves have expelled the air inside, and become worn in. They need scratches, and grease from general usage to gain grip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first they were slippery as heck, but once broke in they are fine.
Even with 1 expansion the sleeved vision deck is fine. With more expansions the deck might just get too tall and we will have to have more than 1 draw pile. But that might eventually happen even without sleeving.

Yes, my sleeved cards fit in the ghost screen. Good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.