Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat O'Donnell
msg tools
mb
There are two invader objective cards that say:

Destroy 2 wall sections
Destroy any 2 wall sections

Is there any difference between these two cards (does the former mean they need to be adjacent?).

I am assuming there is not, but would drawing these two cards mean that the invader only needs to fulfill destroying 2 wall sections and they get both rewards?

Secondly, how does the invader ritual 'Possession' work? It says you can discard Hero Orders? Does that mean if you keep this card in play for 3 rounds, you can completely eliminate all defender orders? Is there no way for the defender to get them back?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About the first question, my understanding is that both cards means any 2 wall sections. Unfortunelly the game suffers a bit on some translations on a few cards...

Possession works like this. When you use it, you put the tokens on the hero orders, if the defender use a hero order with the true token (remember that 2 tokens are fake, and one is true) they must remove that hero order from the game. Also remember at the end of every round the tokens from rituals are returned to the invader. And yeah, if the defender lose a hero order this way he can not get it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat O'Donnell
msg tools
mb
ryusora wrote:
About the first question, my understanding is that both cards means any 2 wall sections. Unfortunelly the game suffers a bit on some translations on a few cards...

Possession works like this. When you use it, you put the tokens on the hero orders, if the defender use a hero order with the true token (remember that 2 tokens are fake, and one is true) they must remove that hero order from the game. Also remember at the end of every round the tokens from rituals are returned to the invader. And yeah, if the defender lose a hero order this way he can not get it back.

Thank you, I had thought that was a translation problem. I'll play it that way going forward unless anyone has evidence to contradict.

I keep forgetting that rituals come with 3 tokens. So this would only be useful if the hero saves his orders until the end of the round. It would also mean that if you get them once, the subsequent uses of Possession would get easier, with the last one being automatic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, if you are able to remove one hero order, the defender will be in trouble because the next time the invader use the possession one of the 2 orders will have the real possession, if you keep using possession you will basically prevent the defender from using orders freely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.