4 Posts

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Best factions combinations? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aster Aster
msg tools
Hi to all
Was curious, which faction combinations could be considered the best, not taking into account alignments (my friends want to try such variant. Thematically weird, I know)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
The alignments are actually more mechanism-based than theme-based. The faction balance was designed around certain factions not having access to allied cards that would work too well.

Knowing that, the best faction combination not taking alignment into account would probably be Tyranids or Necrons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Knowing that, the best faction combination not taking alignment into account would probably be Tyranids or Necrons.

Agreed; Tyranids could quickly get ridiculous if you gave them access to some of the low-cost command units in other factions. Their major problem has always been that their cards are high power/utility, but with accompanying high cost and a serious difficult in being able to pull the right card at the right time (ever played an infestation deck, but not drawn any infestation? Yeah).

If you could bulk up their command presence with a few decent 1-for-1 cards, though, you'd be able to actually field a swarm, which could quickly get ridiculous, particularly when paired with their Synapse unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aster Aster
msg tools
Ah, thank you. Makes sense regarding Tyranids. Also, what about some other factions combinations?..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.