Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Screaming dead crazy play. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Warisgood23
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
So I'm black goat vs yellow sign. The main question occurs here in the game. I capture one of ys cultist and because of passion, wasn't thinking,he now has only 1 power but here my opponent does screaming dead and then, he had azathoth summoned and spell book unlocked, used nuclear chaos and got the high roll to get himself 7 points. The question specific does screaming dead allow for a second action cost of 0 to a option. Great play just making sure it was legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It totally does! A similar example is when Yellow's 2nd action is to grant another faction 3 Doom Points to claim a spellbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It won’t work if he had 0 power before second action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it will. It's like when you have 3 Power and first Build Gate (Action: Cost 3), then Control Gate (Unlimited Action: Cost 0).

It's not that you can't perform actions when you're at 0 power; it's that your turn is skipped when you're at 0 power. But if during the course of your turn you happen to reach 0 power, you can still continue it with otherwise legal 0-cost actions (such as Abandon/Control gate, the 2nd part of Screaming Dead / HWMNBN, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
No, it will. It's like when you have 3 Power and first Build Gate (Action: Cost 3), then Control Gate (Unlimited Action: Cost 0).

It's not that you can't perform actions when you're at 0 power; it's that your turn is skipped when you're at 0 power. But if during the course of your turn you happen to reach 0 power, you can still continue it with otherwise legal 0-cost actions (such as Abandon/Control gate, the 2nd part of Screaming Dead / HWMNBN, etc).

Adam is correct here. My wording in the OMR implies strongly what Adam is saying, although I admit I never clarified this actual point.

On page 23 it reads, emphasis added:

"If you have no Power left when it is your turn to take an Action, you are skipped."

Because it is certainly true that you can spend your final Power to Move a Cultist into an Area with an empty Gate, and then immediately Control that Gate, it must also be true that you can do what happened in the OP's situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never knew that...hmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.