Rob Sobieck
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
First off, I want to say I love this game! Loved creating my own simple baseball and football pen, paper, and dice simulations league as a kid. This game is brilliant and really brings life to what I loved to do! I was wondering if anyone has a figured a system (maybe I missed it if it is already out there) to track simple stats for a league completely played via team score dice rolling? I love playing games out, but I am just so busy it would take me so long to play an 81 or 162 game season. Maybe a chart to roll and see what each player hit based on their traits and BT each game? And a chart for starting pitcher and relief pitcher based on the score? Might not be very plausible, but I just figured I would check and see if anyone is currently pursuing a similar goal? Also would be cool to work in the chance of players traits affecting each game! I know a game "Pennant Race" created by Avalon Hill had system similarly for using traits to traits and skills to determine a game in just a roll or two. Thanks for any input and just for listening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miklos Lipcsey
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven’t found a way of getting individual stats from a team score game. It would be nice to do that, particularly with pitchers resting, as that will have a flow on effect on the remaining games.

I have tried injuries, which sort of works. It comes from the d100 dices which are used for the team score. It goes as follows:
* if the 00 dice rolled a 00, the home team rolls for injury,
* if the 0 dice rolled a 0, the away team rolls for injury.
* Injury roll, d20 for which player down the list, d6 for how many weeks.
Of course, each team can only have one injured player per match.
All it does is marginally decrease the team’s strength score, which can impact the future matches.

But you got me thinking about other aspects of the game. I’ll let you know if something comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.