Rob Lee
msg tools
I've been considering one of the D&D adventure system games and Mice & Mystics(leading choice right now). Any recommendations for games with similar mechanics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want light co-op, you've mostly hit it with the D&D games and Mice and Mystics. Another option is Massive Darkness. However, while its not too complicated, it can run long.

Shadows of Brimstone is light from a "depth of gameplay" standpoint, but has a lot of clutter and things to keep track of.

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower is fairly light to play. If you aren't a miniature gamer though, the assembly could be quite intimidating!

There's Gloomhaven and Sword & Sorcery, but both are heavier than the games you listed and can easily have 3 hour play times.

I made a geeklist of the dungeon crawls I've played here:
Too many dungeons to crawl through!
But it includes all genres of games, not just co-op.

Good luck and good gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazax
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
The Lion of Judah has won (Rev 5,5)
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide is certainly a "not to heavy" Dungeon Crawler. I particularly like "Black Plague".

Shadows of Brimstone is great, but a lot more complicated, as Brian indicated. It has a focus on character building and a lot more going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wrenn
United States
Bushkill
PA
flag msg tools
What? You thought I'd have some interesting overtext?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One Deck Dungeon
100 Swords: The Red Dragon's Dungeon
Welcome to the Dungeon
Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure
Thunderstone Quest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Methinks, Four Against Darkness is a light, solitaire dungeon crawler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep an eye on:
Stuffed Fables

Hopefully we get some more info at Essen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Panic is not really a Dungeon Crawler, but since you weren't sure you had the correct word, maybe still something you would be interested in. If you want something to play with your kids, this is a good choice, but it is not for kids only. It's light, but that may be what you are looking for.

Note: We just tossed the 'cooperative but with one winner' rule and made it a pure coop. Everybody else I can think of who plays the game has done this too.

Dead Men Tell No Tales is much heavier, but still perhaps light enough. Burning Pirate Ship instead of a Dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PAGamer wrote:

Yikes! How could I forget One Deck Dungeon!? That's great - but only 2 player.

Clank! is also incredibly fun, but not co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve W
United States
Rio Medina
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Undercity and Widower's Wood!
Seriously both are amazing games, completely compatible with eachother, and won't break the bank!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.