Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little confused here since in the rulebook - page 15:

"Spoils cards may be equipped to Characters and Vehicles (if applicable), or placed into a player's Auction House. Spoils Cards can be re-assigned at ANYTIME(emphasis mine),except during Encounters, Missions, PVP Combat and when an Action card is being played."

Reading this it doesn't seem to matter where a Spoils card goes when you get it since you can re-assign at ANYTIME! Therefore I buy in Auction, I put into my party. I get card from Marketplace Town Technology, it goes to Auction House but I immediately re-assign to character 3 or put into my party since it's a vehicle. I get a spoils while doing an Encounter and decide my party doesn't need it so I put into the Auction House to sell next turn.

However, Mr. Bill "One Man Army" Pitcher replied to one of my questions with this comment: (I was asking if I can swap around my vehicles to my party to get their benefits in different phases).

"Only if you are in your town. Your spare vehicles and other spoils cards in your auction house are only available for you to equip if you are in town."

Edit - it clearly says on pg 8 of rulebook that cards in the auction house can be equipped to a party when passing through their town or directed by card!

His response makes sense. Also, I'm guessing that Spoils cards gotten during the "Town Business Phase" either through Town Technology, auction, town event roll or buying/selling would all have to stay in the auction house until you went back through town (however, ally Spoil cards seem to be treated different since the rulebook says the Ally cards are equipped if gotten with Marketplace TT - pg 9). Also any Spoils cards you get from Encounters, Missions or PVP combat would have to stay with your party until you go through town to drop off. Of course if you don't have room with carry capacity, you would lose this loot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind words!

Allow me to add one more point. Any additional spoils cards your party receives that are not equipped to a character or vehicle is sent to the auction house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

To clarify for me:

Cards in the auction house can NOT go to the party unless the party is in town. Howwever, Spoils cards the party gets while out of town can be sent to the auction house, but NOT back to them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct cards picked up through actions or rewards go to the party. If the party can't (or doesn't want to) use them, then they go to auction house. Once in the Auction house they can only be picked up from the Faction town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.