Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings All,

This seems the most appropriate place to post this as Fallen Dominion does not have a Forums page on their website. I hope they will be responsive in getting the necessary information to us.

As some of us have received here in the U.S., I finally had some time to go through the contents. I would like to say that there is a lot in these little boxes! The map, rules, counters and cards are of good quality and looks like they will take the abuse of many sessions. Not sure of the d10s or the markers, but they seem adequate. At least extra d10s and d6s were included in the expansion to increase longevity. When stacking the cards, some appeared to be slightly tweaked, but flexing them seemed to correct. Haven't decided whether to sleeve.

All content in the base game match what is in the rule book except the cards. I tried to make sense of the KS/Indiegogo stretch goals with the cards. Here is the following extras or potential missing that I have:

Base Game:

Character Cards - 80 (no extra)
Spoils Cards - 140 (+20)
Action Cards - 135 (+20)
Plains Cards - 60 (+18)
Mountain Cards - 40 (+18)
City/Rad Cards - 40 (+18)
Mission Cards - 40 (+14)

Correct me if wrong, but shouldn't there be (+18) Mission Cards if I read the stretch goals correctly? Since a list of cards is unavailable and each card does not have a specific ID, this may be a menace to figure out which are missing, if any.

A Journey Into Darkness expansion:

Character Cards - 4 (no extra)
Spoils Cards - 20 (no extra)
Action Cards - 20 (no extra)
Plains Cards - 16 (no extra)
Mountain Cards - 16 (no extra)
City/Rad Cards - 16 (no extra)
Mission Cards - 15 (+1)

Turn Order Card - missing

Not sure if the extra Mission Card was intended. I did peak at the Mission Card titles and there were no duplicates. I also looked at the cards multiple times to see if the Turn Order Card was sticking to another as the cards mostly came inter-mixed. I will wait for an official response before I combine the cards, but would like to hear from those of you if our numbers match.

Promo Cards

Unfortunately, the colors on the backs do not match the boxed game cards. I have multiple sets of 2016 and one set of 2017 and they all are much brighter. I assume they used a different company? Yeah, I get it, don't put them in. I guess if you sleeved them, this may eliminate some of the variation in color.

Since I have tried not to look at the cards, are their duplicates in any of the categories? I thought about placing more than one copy of the promos in (at least the ones that make sense), but what do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be putting together a list of cards by Sunday of next week. I have been swamp with other projects and obligations.

The promo cards were done by another company. The 2016 spoils card was made before Kickstarter. Due to feedback we adjusted the back of the spoils cards to help differentiate spoils from character cards.

As for duplicate cards, there is a duplicate first aid kit, that is all I recall off the top of my head.

You can put in multiple copies of the promo cards, it won't hurt the game in the least.

The missing turn order cards is disconcerting. They are two sided cards so they should stand out. PM me if you find any other issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CuTop wrote:
I will be putting together a list of cards by Sunday of next week. I have been swamp with other projects and obligations.

The promo cards were done by another company. The 2016 spoils card was made before Kickstarter. Due to feedback we adjusted the back of the spoils cards to help differentiate spoils from character cards.

As for duplicate cards, there is a duplicate first aid kit, that is all I recall off the top of my head.

You can put in multiple copies of the promo cards, it won't hurt the game in the least.

The missing turn order cards is disconcerting. They are two sided cards so they should stand out. PM me if you find any other issues.

Thanks Bill. What about the Mission Cards. Are these numbers correct in both base game and expansion? Also, do the extra cards in the other sets match, too?

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No turn order card with the expansion, but if memory serves there were at least four in the base game. Unless the turn order changed in the expansion? Haven't had time to really look through everything, just did a quick count earlier this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Blando
msg tools
Hello. I added up my card counts to compare and I had a couple differences. Mine were already mixed together, so I couldn't divide them by base game and expansion.
Spoils I have a total of 180 compared to your 178
Actions I have a total of 175 compared to your 173.
I have 5 turn order cards. I think one of them came in the expansion.
The rest of my counts were the same as yours. 84 characters, 70 missions, 94 plains encounters, 74 mountain encounters, and 74 city/rad encounters.
I do not have any promos so I'm not sure where the difference is coming from, unless I just added up your counts wrong in which case I'm sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well looks like my error on those Spoils and Action cards. I went back through and re-counted again. Mine now match your total of 180 Spoils and 175 Action cards. I will edit above Core set to reflect. Sorry for confusion all. Also, you are missing one Turn Order card, there should be 6.

I don't relish the idea of matching the cards once Bill posts the entire set to see if there any discrepancies. Wish Jon and Sean would just verify totals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Blando
msg tools
I do seem to have come across a missing spoils card while playing. Its an ally spoils card named Fang. One of the characters, a young boy whose name I don't have in front of me, has you gain the card when he is drawn for your party and has a link ability with it. There is a picture of it in the rule book on the page showing examples of the different types of spoils cards at the very bottom. Its a white dog in that picture. I have gone through all my cards multiple times and I do not seem to have it. I wonder if you've noticed its presence or absence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also missing Fang. The character is Samuel Young. The only Ally dog I found was Patton.

I'll send an email to Bill and asked him to reply in here regarding it.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill responded back to me. Not sure what will become of Fang, though. Hopefully he can clarify in a few days:

I was just talking to Jon today about this. Apparently Fang was left off the export file that went to the publishers. Sean just sent me the files that went to the publisher and I am downloading them now. I am going to be away from computer most of the weekend, but I will need a few days to convert the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Blando
msg tools
Ah, that's unfortunate. Guess we will see what happens with it. Thank you for the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zzyzx wrote:
Bill responded back to me. Not sure what will become of Fang, though. Hopefully he can clarify in a few days:

I was just talking to Jon today about this. Apparently Fang was left off the export file that went to the publishers. Sean just sent me the files that went to the publisher and I am downloading them now. I am going to be away from computer most of the weekend, but I will need a few days to convert the files.

Any clarification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the card list and found two inconsistencies.

First Samuel Young's Link was suppose to be changed to Patton and Fang is in the list for the second expansion. Until we release the next expansion you can play with him linked to Patton, or you can ignore the link on the card.

The second one I found is Steven Cartwright PhD has a link to Pristine American Flag, which resided in the Journey into Darkness expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill added the Card list in the files section on the main page. Now you can check if you are missing any cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.