flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Inner Fire wrote:
Link
Cast: Deal 1 damage.
If the nemesis tier is 2 or higher, deal 1 additional damage.

How does Inner Fire's additional damage work?

Some examples:

- If I prep this into a Tier III/IV breach which gives +1 damage to spells cast from it, if the Nemesis tier is 2+ would it deal 3 damage or 4 damage?

- If I target a minion that reduces instances of damage to 1, would it take 1 damage or 2?

- Can I split the 2 damage up to hit different targets?

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is are these considered two separate instances of damage, or is it supposed to be a +1 boost to the base damage?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
Inner Fire wrote:
Link
Cast: Deal 1 damage.
If the nemesis tier is 2 or higher, deal 1 additional damage.

How does Inner Fire's additional damage work?

Some examples:

- If I prep this into a Tier III/IV breach which gives +1 damage to spells cast from it, if the Nemesis tier is 2+ would it deal 3 damage or 4 damage?

- If I target a minion that reduces instances of damage to 1, would it take 1 damage or 2?

- Can I split the 2 damage up to hit different targets?

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is are these considered two separate instances of damage, or is it supposed to be a +1 boost to the base damage?

Thanks!

'Additional damage' is added to the first instance of damage. So you don't get the +1 damage from a breach multiple times. Minions that reduce damage would still reduce it to 1 and it cannot be split to different targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually opens up a good point, because a lot of the spells in both AE games use the phrase "Deal X additional damage". Because so many cards use the phrase, I just assumed it's increased damage from the original damage, and not two instances. In another game though, Sentinels of the Multiverse, they say "increase damage dealt by X" to differentiate that and "Deal X damage. Deal another X damage".

So I can see where you're coming from. I'm wondering now too haha.

EDIT: Was answered in the above post ^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you!

(Also yes, it was totally SotM's templating style that got me wondering. Old habits die hard.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.