Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard G
United States
Bergenfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer of the first KS campaign, I am interested in finding out more about the Free "Second Edition" Upgrade Pack which is part of the $49 Veteran reward level intended for backers of the first campaign. The KS page says

"Free Upgrade pack
This pack contains cards that will allow those of you possessing the first edition of the game to upgrade it to the second edition and 4 additional dividers to help you search for cards more easily (Characters' Skills, "004", "051", "109"). It includes any cards that may have been changed or corrected after the first campaign."

I have a few questions:
-In what way is this upgrade pack free? Elsewhere the page says, "For those of you only interested by the “upgrade pack”: you will be able to procure it (at production cost) at our online store at www.seriouspoulp.com when it becomes available in 2018."
-How many cards have been changed/corrected? Are these changes/corrections significant? Is a list of errata available where these changes can be found, or is it necessary to buy the upgrade pack in order to incorporate them?
-Besides these changed/corrected cards, are there other upgrades that have been made in the second edition?
-Do you have any projection as to what the production cost for the upgrade pack will be?

Many thanks for entertaining my questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can answer 1 of your questions... a list of errata is on the seriouspoulp website, under resources. There appears to be 13 cards with modified txt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's free in the sense that there is no additional charge for those backing the expansion.
The errata are at https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/resources/errata.
No, we know of no additional upgrades for the second edition. Second printing probably would have been a better description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the only bona fide upgrade are the four extra dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Fryrd
France
Grand-Champ
Bretagne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CuriousG wrote:

-Besides these changed/corrected cards, are there other upgrades that have been made in the second edition?

IMHO, they'll change some 1st edition terrain card to match the needs of the 2nd (ie. add caves, balloon spots or even new ways to reach new islands...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karhaix wrote:
CuriousG wrote:

IMHO, they'll change some 1st edition terrain card to match the needs of the 2nd (ie. add caves, balloon spots or even new ways to reach new islands...).

That shouldn't be strictly necessary, mechanics-wise, but it's definitely possible. But in that case it would make more sense to add those "gateway cards" in the expansion, rather than in the base game.

The way the game works, they might have already some unused gateways in place, and the clouds expansion doesn't strictly need gateways anyway, if I understand it correctly - some of the old cards get a white version, and that way you can land on the green card from the white one. Then the balloon stays on the green card while you explore, and when you want to take off you just take the corresponding white.
At least that's how I understood it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karhaix wrote:
CuriousG wrote:

Yeah, I would expect that there will be handful of cards that you swap out to allow for the new expansion content.

For instance, in KS 1, one of the SGs added the goat. On at least one card in the game, there is a purple flag that triggers off having the goat card. If the goat was never introduced, that purple flag wouldn't need to be in the game.

Similarly, imagine they add a new curse that takes you to a small new island off the West Coast of the 7th Continent. Unless they started you on that island and the whole adventure was self contained, they would need to introduce some way for you to get across the water to the island... so maybe one of the West Coast cards now has a map action that lets you draw a card that will bridge you between the continent and the island if you are playing that particular curse.

Maybe there is an alternate cave or a cave underneath a camping spot, but only if you are playing XYZ curse or have some item not included in KS 1... for these scenarios, they would likely need to replace terrain or event cards in the game to include those flag triggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard G
United States
Bergenfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the helpful answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.