New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions have popped up while trying to set up this mission:

If I choose the 4th Pl. over the Mortar Team, is this supposed to be for the entire campaign or is it a mission by mission decision? I'm erring towards the latter and will probably play it this way regardless.

Unless I'm blind or having a serious man look, there doesn't seem to be any FLT LDR activation/command markers. How do we track their command points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinetree wrote:
A few questions have popped up while trying to set up this mission:

If I choose the 4th Pl. over the Mortar Team, is this supposed to be for the entire campaign or is it a mission by mission decision? I'm erring towards the latter and will probably play it this way regardless.

Unless I'm blind or having a serious man look, there doesn't seem to be any FLT LDR activation/command markers. How do we track their command points?

Always played that is the selection for the whole campaign as your company not taking the mortar section means it would have been assigned to another company. In practice planning for offensive and allocation of assets would be part of a long process and involve BN and above command staff. Your operation planning may also involve other Co HQ staff.

Ben can chime in if that is still the case for battalion assett allocation. Also if I have this right for US in Vietnam.

This is what they look like in the first edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Always played that is the selection for the whole campaign as your company not taking the mortar section means it would have been assigned to another company. In practice planning for offensive and allocation of assets would be part of a long process and involve BN and above command staff. Your operation planning may also involve other Co HQ staff.

The Vietnam campaign seems a bit different to WW2 or Korea as it's spread over different operations over a 2 year period.

Thanks for the image, I've got the 2nd edition(should have mentioned that) and they don't seem to be in the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I forgot that and last I played that campaign I probably didn't give it enough consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The other Euro guy
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these markers no longer needed for the Vietnam campaign then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are but let you know when I get the update kit.

From the rules I would say yes. Page 7.1.1 Page40/41
"You may have it save Commands just like any other HQ or Staff unit."

It mentions Flt Ldrs in those vehicle rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The other Euro guy
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jerry. Sounds like a problem then if they are not included in the newest version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricky explained this in a prior post. We will have to find it. You should have chits for all the same units. They just changed how the chits were used for each unit. So, using the 2nd edition process you should be good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaanDo wrote:
Ricky explained this in a prior post. We will have to find it. You should have chits for all the same units. They just changed how the chits were used for each unit. So, using the 2nd edition process you should be good to go.

I have activation chits for CHQ, XO, 1st SGT, 1st PLT, 2nd PLT, 3rd PLT, 4thPLT, and TANK PLT. No FLT LDR chits of any kind. So, short of making our own chits, how do we track their available commands?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at my 2nd edition chits and I don't have them either. Now we'll really have to find Ricky's previous post or maybe he will join the conversation soon.

Edit: I was not able to find a more detailed discussion than the one in the errata thread:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/26903262#26903262

But this discussion only covers the dropping of the 'Saved commands' chits. You may want to put this topic in the errata thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaanDo wrote:
I just looked at my 2nd edition chits and I don't have them either. Now we'll really have to find Ricky's previous post or maybe he will join the conversation soon.

Edit: I was not able to find a more detailed discussion than the one in the errata thread:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/26903262#26903262

But this discussion only covers the dropping of the 'Saved commands' chits. You may want to put this topic in the errata thread.

Yeah, good idea. Added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon haines
England
manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mb
Great i spend £70 on a game that doesn't have the right counters and im expected to make my own ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a newbie here, but can't you just track them on the display as a total without worrying about whether they were carried over, as you can only save so many from the turn and any new orders added will have to be used, up to the max saved?

So, if I saved 2, my marker is on 2. If I get 3 more, it goes to 5 as activated. If I can only save up to three, then I got to use at least 2 to get it down to 3 or I lose the extras??

I was doing that while I watched the playthrough videos, which was from 1st Edition.

Or am I truly a newbie?

Edit: p.s.: I *just* ordered and received this game this week. I would be a little pissed if it came incomplete, especially if they did not supply the extra chits for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're talking about the saved commands chits, which aren't in 2nd edition anyway as the activation chit do what you describe. This is about there being no activation chits for FLT LDRS. There should be 4 of them (at least there were in 1st Ed.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon haines
England
manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mb
Sooooo any explanation on the missing counters,i cannot find them, they should be there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they should not be there, according to the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
No, they should not be there, according to the FAQ.

The FAQ only mentions saved command markers not acted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.