Popular Tags: [View All]
Makis Xiroyannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reference as to which consumables you can use on others and which not to? For example, bandages can be used on another character to remove a condition or/and to heal him, but it does not make sense to try and heal someone else with a healing potion. How do you guys play it, using common sense or there is some reference I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they are 'apply to damaged area or body part' potions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis Xiroyannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of time for this during battle I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
We played that we can use potions on each other.

Though admittedly, we didn't find anything in the rules one way or another and just went with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silver_1974 wrote:
...For example, bandages can be used on another character to remove a condition or/and to heal him, but it does not make sense to try and heal someone else with a healing potion...

How does it make sense to walk over to your buddy, take out your first aid kit, wrap up their wounds and squirt eyewash in their eyes so they can see again? But, it doesn't make sense to quickly toss a vile across the room so your buddy can drink it in 2 seconds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis Xiroyannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
Silver_1974 wrote:
...For example, bandages can be used on another character to remove a condition or/and to heal him, but it does not make sense to try and heal someone else with a healing potion...

How does it make sense to walk over to your buddy, take out your first aid kit, wrap up their wounds and squirt eyewash in their eyes so they can see again? But, it doesn't make sense to quickly toss a vile across the room so your buddy can drink it in 2 seconds?

In terms of actions, the first one is expended by one character for another, while the second (even though free) has to be made somehow by the second character (drink the potion).

From your replies, I understand most of you are using all consumables from one character to the other, that's cool, perhaps part of the reason my group has 4 defeats in scenario 5 and counting zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silver_1974 wrote:
Plenty of time for this during battle I guess

This is actually waaaay faster than bandaging so splashing healing potions on your teammates missing limbs is not THAT farfetched, right? right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Potions and bandages have range [0] so we use them on each other while in the same area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kand Affar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Evil_X wrote:
Both Potions and bandages have range [0] so we use them on each other while in the same area.

Bingo. The defence potion by comparison has no range indicator, which means it is self-use only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis Xiroyannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on
mbmbmbmbmb
Cozar wrote:
Evil_X wrote:

Bingo. The defence potion by comparison has no range indicator, which means it is self-use only.

Ah... important detail that I did not notice, the defence potion. Thank you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.