United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Westerly Gamer
badge
Piggies
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I may have missed it somewhere in the rule book but during setup every player gets 2 or 4 of each token... where do they go on the mat? The rule book later states "when created, a Medical Supply token... may be placed on any open Medical Cabinet, storing it for later use."

2. So based on the Medical Cabinet question, does the tokens initially received during setup get discarded at some point if unused?

3. Patient deck can easily be depleted during shifts, if it is emptied do we shuffle just the discarded ones or are we supposed to gather all of them after a shift, meaning we total them up after each shift?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During setup, each player gets 2 tokens each of oxygen, syringe, and blood, 4 of each of the others. There are a few extra tokens in the box--those I assume are just in case you lose one or two. But I don't make them part of the game play at all; I actually bag up each player's set of tokens separately (so the bag contains 18 tokens per player).

The way I read it, all the tokens go in the matching symbol spot on the mat. Then each player starts with 2 active supplies (that don't have to be prepped using cards) and I assume those go in the Medical Cabinet. The GenCon overview video shows the setup this way, anyway, and that's also how the rulebook shows them.

Regarding the patient deck, I got this answer in a different forum.

Quote:
Smirk & Dagger Games *
09-27-2017 at 9:37 am
Hi Razel

Good question. Yes, discarded Patients can be reshuffled. Normally this will take care of it -- but, in the rare case that all Patients are used, pause the game after a player completes their turn. Tally player scores to this point and then reshuffle the Patient cards to form a new deck. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demon Piggies
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Westerly Gamer
badge
Piggies
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it! I didn't watch the video and that point (storing all un-"purchased" tokens on the mat like in the diagram and purchasing only those on the mat) is unclear in the rule book. Thank you for the reply, appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.