Subject: An idea for customising ships. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Lewis
Wales
Penmaenmawr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Siddharth and team, I wrote a few ideas for future products in the K/S comments for this game.

One suggestion was for an art app that could generate sails for the model ships used in this game. Just something simple, several sail designs (shapes) with different backgrounds and say a central icon. This could then be printed out and used to customise your ships and differentiate them from your opponent's.

I'm putting the idea here on BGG, to see if there is any demand for such an App. So, if anyone out there thinks this could be a thing that you would use please thumb up this thread or comment below.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharth Jain
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Last Magus,

Coincidentally, (though with your preternatural powers of deduction;probably not) there is a companion app planned for Avertigos.

However, the solution we were thinking about for the Sails was a more straight forward PDF document with templates and insignia options that players could easily modify to try out their own customisations.

Eventually the idea is for people to be able to print these out and with a little bit of careful cutting add to their ships.

The main issue with an app that can print is with OS and Printer compatibility. I'm not ruling this out though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.