Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who can't get enough of gaming and want to make that BGG high even better and last even longer. The Dallas Games Marathon is only 30 miles from DFW airport which is where BGG Con is going to be held. We will be open for gaming Thursday November 10 - Tuesday November 14 to get you warmed up for your BGG extravaganza.

We are open to locals as well as folks travelling in for BGG. You can extend for the entire 6 additional days, or even just one day.

If you want to know more about Dallas Games Marathon please visit us on the web http://dallasgamesmarathon.com or on Facebook http://facebook.com/DallasGamesMarathon

Friday - Tuesday costs include sodas and snacks while you're at the event.

DGM November Options
Thursday Only $5
DGM Weekend Pass (includes Fri, Sat, Sun) $25
DGM Extended Pass (includes Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue) $35
Sunday Pass $10
Monday Pass $10
Tuesday Pass $10

DGM November Hours
Thursday: 6pm - 2am (or later)
Friday: 10am - 2am (or later)
Saturday: 10am - 2am (or later)
Sunday: 10am - 2am (or later)
Monday: 10am - 2am (or later)
Tuesday: 10am - Midnight (or later)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. I was actually just about to make a post asking if the DGM was going to be happening again this year. It looks like I'll be able to make it down early this year, so I am planning to attend. Also, I think I remember some sort of discount for Team Geek members; is that still a thing (or maybe I completely imagined it)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I attended this last year. I won't be able to make it this year, but I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get a good chunk of gaming down before the madness starts. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No discounts for any particular affiliation but the prices are very reasonable for what you get. You can save $5 by pre-registering on our website for the weekend or extended weekend ($20 or $30 respectively) but that won't be available on the site until after our October event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/dgm-registration/

Pre-registration is up for the Pre BGG Con DGM Mini Con
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 3 more days to pre-register to receive $5 off the weekend pass. We do accept walk-ins as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does check-in work at DGM?

I'll be travelling to Dallas on Thursday and Friday, but only in the evening, so I'll probably be arriving late on Friday (maybe 8PM-midnight, depending on how far I get on Thursday). I see that it's open until at least 2AM, but is it possible to pick up a badge (or whatever) that late or are there certain check-in hours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:

I'll be travelling to Dallas on Thursday and Friday, but only in the evening, so I'll probably be arriving late on Friday (maybe 8PM-midnight, depending on how far I get on Thursday). I see that it's open until at least 2AM, but is it possible to pick up a badge (or whatever) that late or are there certain check-in hours?

Buy your ticket online. Save $5!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:

The person locking up that night should be able to hand you your name tag. It is not a big formal process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ikiru wrote:
Khedron wrote:

Buy your ticket online. Save $5!

I bought a ticket a couple weeks ago. I'm just wondering if I can get in if I show up late. I'm assuming there is some sort of table or something where you go and pick up your badge or whatever, and I don't know if it will still be around at night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Khedron wrote:

The person locking up that night should be able to hand you your name tag. It is not a big formal process.

Great, thanks. I thought it probably wouldn't be, but I didn't want to cause a big hassle if the official check-in person took the badges home at night or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The front desk is staffed until 10pm. If you show up after 10pm and you are pre-registered, please come on in, sign in at the front desk and badges are hanging on the wall. If you have any questions just ask folks that are already there. There will be a lot of regulars there as well and anyone can point you in the right direction.

If you have not pre-registered and you show up after 10pm, make yourself at home and you can find a regular to show you around. We have a very helpful bunch of folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Ho
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll ask the same question I did last year: Would it be possible to ask for ride help on Sunday from Hyatt Regency DFW? (I'll gladly pay my way, but would prefer not to have to rent a car.) I fly in on Saturday and have other plans for Monday, but would love to go gaming on Sunday since I had a great time last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Ho
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
annab wrote:
I'll ask the same question I did last year: Would it be possible to ask for ride help on Sunday from Hyatt Regency DFW? (I'll gladly pay my way, but would prefer not to have to rent a car.) I fly in on Saturday and have other plans for Monday, but would love to go gaming on Sunday since I had a great time last year.

A big Thank You to Sean/Scharri for offering me a ride this year too! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Ho
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DallasD wrote:
DGM November Options
Sunday Pass $10

Question: Is this the walk-in cost on Sunday? Because I can't find that option/product on your page, only longer passes/more days. (I'd love a printed badge this year though, if at all possible?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the walk-in cost for Sunday. I'll PM you about a badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:
PeterHendee wrote:
Khedron wrote:

Great, thanks. I thought it probably wouldn't be, but I didn't want to cause a big hassle if the official check-in person took the badges home at night or something.

Looks like I won't be arriving until Saturday, so it was a moot point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.