Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain» Forums » General

Subject: Video Tutorial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Woodfield
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hey Marc (or anyone else that may know), will there be any video tutorial of how to play the game or examples of play in advance of the game release (similar to what we're seeing currently from Bruce Mansfield with Gandhi and Mark/Volko in the past with FiTL)? I think it could help new players given the uniqueness of this game in the COIN series and promote some last minute P500 purchases to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jerry,
Good question... Volko and I have talked about it, drawing from the impossibly high standards set by Mark Herman in recent years. Problem is: neither of us is particularly comfortable with the video media (I for one hate these, compared to written material, as I find these way too long to assimilate the same amount of information), so I'm afraid this idea has been kind of shoved under the carpet to date... Maybe if I could enroll the help of some of my fellow Stack players here in Montreal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Woodfield
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Totally understandable. As a very visually oriented learner, I really enjoy & appreciate the tutorial videos I see out there for some of the more complex games.

Thanks for the reply and if you're able to get those Stack players to help out on a video, that would be awesome for us more visually inclined. Otherwise, looking forward to when the game gets released!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the two top creators of play-through/instructional videos for complex games are Ricky Royal and Stuka Joe.

Ricky Royal did a wonderful three-part series for Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection, so he has experience with COIN games. Stuka Joe is dealing with the aftermath of two hurricanes and multiple eye surgeries, so I think he has his hands full at present.

I would love to see Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain receive a presentation from either of these two outstanding teachers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mjmelen wrote:
For me, the two top creators of play-through/instructional videos for complex games are Ricky Royal and Stuka Joe.

Ricky Royal did a wonderful three-part series for Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection, so he has experience with COIN games. Stuka Joe is dealing with the aftermath of two hurricanes and multiple eye surgeries, so I think he has his hands full at present.

I would love to see Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain receive a presentation from either of these two outstanding teachers.
That might be the best option, but I presume this would have to wait for after the game release.
In the meantime, I'm thinking of basically making a video version of the Playbook's game tutorial (on which Volko and I spent a LOT of time!) once I receive my advance copy, maybe with my daughter handling the camera (iPhone really...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Woodfield
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
GouyonRety wrote:
mjmelen wrote:

That might be the best option, but I presume this would have to wait for after the game release.
In the meantime, I'm thinking of basically making a video version of the Playbook's game tutorial (on which Volko and I spent a LOT of time!) once I receive my advance copy, maybe with my daughter handling the camera (iPhone really...)

That would be great Marc! The playbooks are great, but the videos are even better in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.