Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Advice to the Spanish version of the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toni García
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Well guys i have received my spanish Darksouls. It´s very disappointing. The rules are ok, although with some errors but i can pass it. The problem are the cards of the game, most of them have a pathethical translation, the google translator do it better, seriously. It´s a mix of italian, english and spanish. I don´t know who was the CEO of this project but please, kick him and don´t let this guy manage another project again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe they wasted all of these months for basically nothing, it was my understanding they have to reprint the rulebook as well as the cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Lanza Canca
msg tools
Hi,

Could you please upload some photos of the cards? I bought the product in a local retailer here in Spain and I think I am going to cancel my order.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a mistake from the manufacturer, they packed the original cards instead of the newly translated cards.

Comment from SFG:

"This news is just reaching us regarding the cards.
All cards were full re-translated and should of been repacked to the quality we showed in this update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulst...
It seems the rule book, die cut sheets, box have all been corrected as we expected.
We will be contacting our manufacturing partner with absolute urgency in the morning to resolve this.
It saddens us as much as our backers of this is a wide scale mispack of the incorrect/old cards and it absolutely WILL be fixed with haste."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kokuoh Rum
msg tools
Well, you'll see when you try the game ... The bad translation will be the least important ...

The worst game I've played in several years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Lanza Canca
msg tools
where did you read this comment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nachimrcorn wrote:
where did you read this comment?

Kickstarter comment section

Here is the following comment by Frank Jaeger, the Managing Director of Ludofact who manufactures the game:

"Hello Everybody,
please let me address the Italian and Spanish backers: SFG and I have read the comments here. Let me state a few things:
- the language dependent cards have been translated again.
- the cards were reprinted and send by air freight to Germany.
- we repacked the games here.
It cost a ton of money to do that, SFG was always absolutely adamant about the fact that you deserve to have a good product. The repacking was a major undertaking. If something is not correct now, I need to investigate.
Please allow me some time to check. Your voices have been heard, but now I need to look into the issue and that will not be done in a few minutes. Please grant me some time to find out more about the matter.
Thank you
Frank Jaeger
LUDO FACT"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just now I just witnessed some guys from Madrid from Analisis Paralisis Youtube channel do a live unboxing of Dark Souls live on Twitch and much to their dismay the cards were poorly translated. I don't know if it was a retail edition that they picked up from a shop or whether it was a late kickstarter that they received but could someone contact them to help them please ...

https://www.youtube.com/user/APJUEGOS

they are off to Essen 2017 to pick up and review some games for their channel so be quick about contacting them or contact them there if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.