Subject: Stealing opponents resources with my airship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Wilson
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
On first thought it seemed that the moving worker ability > moving resources. I've never had a problem keeping my resources together since 1) every unit can move them and 2) I tend to spend them quickly.

But...do I understand correctly that you could use your airship to fly over your opponent and pick up their resources? The rules do not stipulate that you must control resources first to pick them up. This adds an intriguing twist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Airships cannot pick up resources controlled by opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I am pretty sure you can't do that. The Wind Gambit rule book doesn't explicitly outlaw it, but I bet there is rule line someone on the core rule book that prohibit picking up resources from uncontrolled territories. This is against the spirit of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
I am pretty sure you can't do that. The Wind Gambit rule book doesn't explicitly outlaw it, but I bet there is rule line someone on the core rule book that prohibit picking up resources from uncontrolled territories. This is against the spirit of the game.
Really? That seems completely within the spirit of the game to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Stealing resources without a fight, the risk of losing popularity or a way of defending yourself?

I guess we are playing different games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
Stealing resources without a fight, a riso of losing popularity or a way of defending?

I guess we are playing diferent games

As far as I understand it, if a player moves their worker, mech or character, but leaves resources behind, then these resources don't belong to anyone and cannot be used by anybody.

That means if the another player moves to the hex with the resources that were left behind, then that second player owns them now and can do what they please with them.

Of course, no player would ever just leave resources behind (except maybe in very unusual situations to complete an objective for example), but if anyone did (intentionally or not), then these resources are up for grabs by anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Daza
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:

It seems like you meant "controlled territories" because it is obvious that no one can just steal resources, not even airships as Jamey pointed out. To have access to any resource you have either produce them or being gained by going through a battle or losing popularity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
You are right, controlled territories by the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.