Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11/5/2017 UPDATE - 76% Full - This will be the final update before BGG.CON begins in 10 days (or less depending upon when you read this).

For all who are signed up by 11/12/17, I will send out an e-mail with instructions/tutorial and some updates for this year's library.

We are still looking for help at the specific days and times listed below. If you are available or if you can find time to be available, we would greatly appreciate it. If you are still on the fence about volunteering, feel free to stop by the library and talk to Team Geek or to any of the library volunteers there to find out what's involved and then check the schedule and sign up on the spot.

Wednesday, 9 pm
Friday, 9 pm
Saturday, 3pm thru 10 pm
Sunday, 11 am and 1pm for pack up

Again, THANK YOU!

10/30/2017 UPDATE - 70% Full - Listed below are the days and times where we could use a little extra help. If you are available or if you can find time to be available, we would greatly appreciate it.

Wednesday, 9 pm and 10 pm
Thursday, 8 pm
Friday, 4 pm & 9 pm
Saturday, 1pm, 3pm thru 1 am

Again, THANK YOU! and Invite/Recruit your friends.

10/20/2017 UPDATE - 60% Full - Sorry for the delayed update - I meant to do this weekly, but time got away from me. We just crossed the 60% mark on volunteer slots. The Schedule for BGG.CON has seen some changes and updates, so make sure you check out the wiki pages and find a time to take a break and help in the library. There are still plenty of slots left on every convention day for anyone still looking for opportunities to help. Again, THANK YOU! and Invite/Recruit your friends.

10/5/2017 UPDATE - 50% Full - Thank you to all who have volunteered to help in the library thus far. We have a few new things planned for the library and it should be exciting! There are still plenty of slots left later in the convention week, so for any still looking for opportunities to help, just look to Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the other available slots. Again, THANK YOU! and Invite/Recruit your friends.

Time to sign up for volunteering in the BGG.CON Library. Just like last year, we are using the SignUpGenius system to manage our Volunteer sign-ups. Two very great things about this new system are that this system will e-mail you to remind you about your sign up and if swaps need to be made, you can do it through this system instead of using the BGG Forums. So,

Step 1: Check the BGG.CON wiki page for the most up to date information about scheduling and anything else related to BGG.CON. BGG.CON Wiki

Step 2:  See below for any notes regarding the library shifts and the available time slots and click the sign-up button.  Fill in any required information.

Step 3:  Share this sign-up with your friends that also have tickets to BGG.CON. (A reminder that volunteering in the library does not get you a ticket to BGG.CON - you MUST already have a ticket purchased)

Step 4: Look for an e-mail in early November to double check your sign up and answers to any other questions you might have.

Step 5: Show up and have fun!!

Library Hours:
Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. (yes, after midnight)
Thursday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Saturday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Sunday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Mid-day)

I am looking for a MINIMUM of 2 people per time slot, but in some cases 3 people per time slot. Responsibilities include running the 2 computers for checking-in and checking-out games and during any possible free time straightening games on the shelves, replacing missing parts, printing missing rule sheets, etc.

A member of Team Geek will be on shift ON OCCASION to help with any questions.  If a Team Geek member is not present, you can call Kristine or Lainie on the radio by the library desk.

Also, as with last year, I am looking for any and all help on Tuesday afternoon to unpack the library and get it ready for use, and help Sunday early afternoon to pack the library for storage.

And again, same as last year, we will be closing the Library on Saturday from 6:30 - 8 to allow the opportunity to attend the Awards Ceremony/Prize Drawing that night.  The 5 p.m. slot on Saturday is an extended shift going until 6:30.

The BGG.CON Library is the pride and joy of BGG.CON and it's all made possible with your help.

Thank you,
Kristine
(kristine@boardgamegeek.com)
BGG Store/BGG.CON Library

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2017 Library Volunteers
Volunteer folks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Ho
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
Volunteer folks!

Done!

And I took the starting times to avoid last year's blunder of turning up for the right time except a day late... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Signed up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My very first BGG.CON I showed up by myself, with nobody to keep me company. I signed up to volunteer in the library for several shifts at different times, and it was an amazing introduction to the event! Lots of helpful folks, and a great way to get a feel for the game library, and get to be a part of this great event.

I recommend library volunteering to everyone, first timers and seasoned folks! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love volunteering in the library. One of my favorite parts of the con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Cook
msg tools
mbmb
Not allowed to volunteer if we haven't bought a ticket? :[
Not looking for free access, but I'd like to check out the feel/environment of the con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Princeklub wrote:
Not looking for free access, but I'd like to check out the feel/environment of the con!

Correct. Only ticket holders can volunteer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Princeklub wrote:

Try for BGG Spring 2018. Good way to get your feet wet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray for Volunteers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use SignUpGenius for my own cons. I'm suggesting a different color scheme going forward, since the selected blue text on orange background, whatever its artistic merits may be, is hard to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Game
United States
Marion
AR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I volunteered at BGG Spring this year and I have to say it was a lot more fun that either of us anticipated! Look forward to doing so again...and again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2017 Library Volunteers - 50% Full - Invite a Friend to help with you!
10/5/2017 UPDATE - 50% Full - Thank you to all who have volunteered to help in the library thus far. We have a few new things planned for the library and it should be exciting! There are still plenty of slots left later in the convention week, so for any still looking for opportunities to help, just look to Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the other available slots. For those of you who have signed up, again, THANK YOU! and recruit your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2017 Library Volunteers - 60% Full - Invite a Friend to help with you!
10/20/2017 UPDATE - 60% Full - Sorry for the delayed update - I meant to do this weekly, but time got away from me. We just crossed the 60% mark on volunteer slots. The Schedule for BGG.CON has seen some changes and updates, so make sure you check out the wiki pages and find a time to take a break and help in the library. There are still plenty of slots left on every convention day for anyone still looking for opportunities to help. Again, THANK YOU! and Invite/Recruit your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2017 Library Volunteers - 60% Full - Invite a Friend to help with you!
I snagged one, might do more as con gets closer. meeple

It would not be BGG con without library volunteer time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cy Lee
msg tools
badge
Have you seen my candy cane. I seem to have misplaced it.
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't much help, but did want to let you know that IF I was in the area or could make it to the CON, I'd take several slots. Hopefully the community steps up and quickly fills the vacancy so that the coordinators can focus energy elsewhere.

Volunteering is an AMAZING way to 1) meet new people 2) Get the BEST insider info 3) Learn about yourself 4) Make yourself known as people DO remember those who give to others -- this can be very helpful in securing a hard to get game- or other "agenda" one day 5) A thousand other reasons exist but most importantly VOLUNTEERING FEELS GOOD. Filling up YOUR emotional reserves by helping others or being part of any good organization/event can truly make you feel like you are walking on clouds. Likewise not stepping up may well result in the organizers tiring out. They can't do this stuff alone! If you can, volunteer.

Have a great day/night, Everyone.
CyLee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2017 Library Volunteers - 70% Full - Two weeks left!
10/30/2017 UPDATE - 70% Full - Listed below are the days and times where we could use a little extra help. If you are available or if you can find time to be available, we would greatly appreciate it.

Wednesday, 9 pm and 10 pm
Thursday, 8 pm
Friday, 4 pm & 9 pm
Saturday, 1pm, 3pm thru 1 am

Again, THANK YOU! and Invite/Recruit your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11/5/2017 UPDATE - 76% Full - This will be the final update before BGG.CON begins in 10 days (or less depending upon when you read this).

For all who are signed up by 11/12/17, I will send out an e-mail with instructions/tutorial and some updates for this year's library.

We are still looking for help at the specific days and times listed below. If you are available or if you can find time to be available, we would greatly appreciate it. If you are still on the fence about volunteering, feel free to stop by the library and talk to Team Geek or to any of the library volunteers there to find out what's involved and then check the schedule and sign up on the spot.

Wednesday, 9 pm
Friday, 9 pm
Saturday, 3pm thru 10 pm

Again, THANK YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.