Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Bus» Forums » Rules

Subject: "One player may choose the same action more than once in the same round" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Peltz
msg tools
mb
Can someone clarify this? Does it mean anyone can put multiple action cubes down on any tiles? Or does it mean only one person can double up on an action in a given round, across any action? So if someone puts a second cube on Build Building, nobody else can double up on any other tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not how I read it, when read in context. I would read it as "A player..." and assume something was lost in translation. It means you're allowed to do the same action twice to me. I don't think it's meant to limit that only a single player can do an action twice and prevent other players from doing that action twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
That's not how I read it, when read in context. I would read it as "A player..." and assume something was lost in translation. It means you're allowed to do the same action twice to me. I don't think it's meant to limit that only a single player can do an action twice and prevent other players from doing that action twice.

This is how the online implementation works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Malay
United States
Hanson
Massachusetts (MA)
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my No Rules Review channel over on YouTube for more quick, efficient reviews!
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:

Second this. Bus is a knife fight in a phone booth kind of game, but if each action was only able to be used by a single player, I'm pretty sure the game would fall apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Peltz
msg tools
mb
That's how I interpreted it, but the friend I was playing with (it was our first game) argued that rules as written said essentially that once any player placed a second cube on an action space, nobody could place a second cube on any action for the rest of that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, multiple players can "double up" on actions each turn. It's likely a wording/translation artifact we didn't catch back then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Peltz
msg tools
mb
jmdsplotter wrote:
No, multiple players can "double up" on actions each turn. It's likely a wording/translation artifact we didn't catch back then...

Doesn't get more official than that, thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.