Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I move my flights outside of Tokyo and other cities, I acquire my targets, do my bombing runs, and when the Attack Turn is over, I move my planes back and the Flight Turn resumes.

1. Does the Flight Turn resume where I left off? Or do I start all over back at the beginning of the Flight Turn, where I move first. Because If I moved into the space, acquired my target, bombed the city, and then returned back to the Flight Turn, then I'd consume FUEL. Whereas if I start a brand new flight turn, I"ll get to move and then consume fuel after.

Anotherwords:

on 8.2 (WIND) I make my Target Acquisition Check, which throws me into the Attack Turn. After I'm done....

I contine on with 8.3 (HAZARD) and then 8.4 (FUEL)

or

I start a brand new Flight Turn from the beginning, starting at 8.1 (MOVE)

Which is it?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pattison
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right where you left off.

In the move phase, you must move or acquire, not both, and acquisition takes precedence in the target zone. So, you will use one fuel in the fuel phase for flying all over Japan looking for your targets and going to military power(i.e. full throttle) during the bomb run over the target city.

In the wind phase, you may attempt to move or acquire if you want to chance the winds. Once again, acquisition takes precedence if you are in the target zone providing your flight hasn't dropped its bombs.

Whether you make a successful acquisition check in either the move phase or the wind phase, the flight turn pauses at that point, you run the attack, and return to that exact point in the flight turn.

Also, moving into the target zone during the move phase and successfully passing whatever check the prevailing winds want you to do in the wind phase is the only way you can move and then attack in the same flight turn. Fighting the winds might cause you consume an additional fuel depending on success or failure.

Then, you resolve hazards and consume one fuel and start the next flight turn.

An example from my current game. It's 0000 Japan time. I have 16 bombers in 5 flights. During the move phase, they moved into the target zone. The winds are crosswinds, so I could try to pass guzzle check during the wind phase, and then I could make an acquisition check provided I passed.

However, given that I am carrying 7 fuel and bombs, I am not likely to pass. I also don't want to because having flights come in at different times raises the alert level for the following flights bombing in later phases and turns. And, the more strung out you are, the higher the alert level will go which means everyone faces more hazards than if the raid were kept compressed in time.

So, then I play out the hazards and consume one fuel.

Then, the flight turn advances to 0200 Japan time.

During the move phase, flight one attempts to acquire Tokyo after performing a lights out check. It succeeds thanks to being properly trained in night flying, an elite navigator, an in-contact submarine, and a contact re-roll. Then, flight one attacks Tokyo. After that's over flight two acquires Osaka successfully, and they attack Osaka. The third flight attempts to acquire Nagoya and fails, but succeeds on a persistent attempt, consumes one fuel, and attacks Nagoya. Homing in on the fires in Nagoya, the fifth flight acquires Nagoya and does a re-strike. It, unfortunately, has some trouble acquiring targets on the target map and one plane with compass trouble doesn't get off the target map before 9 attack turns are up, so the flight consumes one fuel. That leaves the fourth flight which I haven't resolved yet.

After all the attacks are done, I have to increase the alert level by one from 0 to 1. Then, I can attempt to move or not. That's followed by placing and resolving hazards. Finally, all flights will consume one fuel and move onto the next turn, 0400 Japan time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Great answer, and analysis of the situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m gonna post here instead of starting a new thread.

Once the AttackTurn is finished, S hazards and attached hazards stay on the map/bombers. Are Unrevealed hazards in the target boxes returned to the cup then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
No. They stay. And you don't reveal them until a B-25 attempts to enter their box (but you probably knew that).

All Target Box hazards have the 's' stay icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pattison
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeroyJS wrote:
I’m gonna post here instead of starting a new thread.

Once the AttackTurn is finished, S hazards and attached hazards stay on the map/bombers. Are Unrevealed hazards in the target boxes returned to the cup then?
S and Target hazards stay on the map. These are searchlights, reinforced buildings, carriers, camouflage, volatile and conspicuous targets, haze, and fixed AA emplacements. They are not things that are likely to change locations during the confusion between different waves in an attack.

The only hazard that can remain attached on the attack map is an interceptor the rolls lower than lowest number in the range. Until it's evaded, shot down, or breaks off, it prevents a B-25 from exiting the map or bombing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thank you guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.