Subject: Crossover corporations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the "create a corporation" geeklist contains not one but two corporations inspired by Agricola (Item for Geeklist "Terraforming Mars "Create a Corporation" Contest! Winners Announced!" , Item for Geeklist "Terraforming Mars "Create a Corporation" Contest! Winners Announced!" ). This inspired me to find some other games that can be made into crossoverm corporations, I believe I found some that fit like a glove. No room for them as entries in the contest however (and the first one violates it's rules about no additional components), so I'll detail them here:

Evolution inc.
Animal tag

Special components: 4 trait cards, described below.
Starting assets: 35 mc, the 4 trait cards

Action: You may discard a project or trait card to add one animal or microbe to ANY card.
Action: You may add one of your trait cards to a card that can collect animal or microbe resources. Each card can only have one trait card attached to it.

Martian animals need to adapt to the harsh environment. We just... Give that process a little push.

traits:
Carnivore: Play this trait only on cards with an action that has no cost and adds animals or microbes. The cost of that action becomes removing a resource of the same type (animal or microbe) from any card.
If the you play this on has an immediate effect that reduces plant production (yours or any), immediately gain as much plant production as was reduced.

- ideally the one whose plant production got reduced in the first place whould get it back, but there is no memory of that in the game so I just gave a little additional bonus. I can sort of justify it thematically by saying "Well I saved your plants from being eaten by birds, I think I deserve some of them now. What, the birds eat your cows now? Who could see that coming?".

Fertile: If the card has an immediate effect, use it again as if the card was just played. If the card has actions, you may use them twice in the same generation. Otherwise whenever the card's effect causes microbes or animals to be placed on it, place twice as many.

Symbiotic: Whenever an animal or microbe is placed on this card by its action or effect, also place a resource of the same type on another card.

Defensive: Animals/microbes cannot be removed from this card.

------

The Power Corp
Power tag

Starting assets: 50 mc

Ability: When playing a city card that requires reducing energy production, reduce mc production instead.
At the start of every production phase, before turning energy into heat you may supply electricity to any number of your cities by paying that amount of energy. You get 2 mc for each city you supplied electricity to.
At the end of the game gain 1 vp for every city you supplied electricity to at the last production phase.

Extra ability that might push it a bit to the complex realm but fits very well into the "power grid" idea:
Once you have 3 cities, "phase 2" begins and you gain this action ability:
action: connect an opponent's city to your grid by paying 2 mc for each hex between it and one city in your grid + 2 more. Put one of your color cubes on that city to mark it as part of your grid. You may supply electricity to opponent cities in your grid too.

-----

Mystica Terraforming
tags: none (power? not really related to the ability but seems fitting )

Starting assets: 25 mc, 10 steel, 2 steel production
As your first action of the game, place a city.

Action: Transform and/or build in a non-reserved space that is next to one of your tiles and is either empty or contains a neutral tile. If you transformed from an empty tile to an ocean, don't gain TR.

Transforming is done using this cycle:
empty <-> ocean <-> greenery <-> city <-> empty
Pay 3 steel per transformation step. Remove the tile currently on the space and place the new tile, ignoring placement restrictions. If you place a city or greenery, don't put a marker on it - it is considered neutral. Don't gain TR due to placing an ocean.

If you transformed into a city (or if the space you chose contained a neutral city and you performed no transformation) you may build on it by paying 1 steel and 2 mc. Place your marker on the tile and gain 2 steel production.

Terraforming? We've been doing this since forever. Just need some spades...

Possible additional abilities: others may build on neutral cities too, "stealing" them from you. Action to upgrade transforming to make it cheaper (2 or 1 steel per step), action to upgrade shipping and skip a few oceans/reserved spots when checking where you can transform.

--------

I also thought of a "Puerto Rico" corporation. It could be a simple homage with several "you get something, everyone else gets a bit less of the same thing" action choices, sort of like the "governor" promo from dominion. But the production/export cycles also fit the theme well (sending goods "to the old world" gets a new meaning ) but I was not sure how to do it. I toyed with a "craftsman" action that simply lets everyone do the production phase again (maybe excluding TR?) but it seems like it could be OP if you increased your production enough, and it would shorten the game anyway.

What do you think? Have any other ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No ideas yet, but those are really fun, congratulations! (even if they don't seem very playable imho)

Maybe A race for the galaxy corps, where you can use card as payment for 5 M€

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought of creating corporations for each of the factions in Dune. The idea would be that this is taking place long before the events of Dune, but would show the earliest beginnings of the groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
more ON
msg tools
mbmbmb
Duinhir wrote:
No ideas yet, but those are really fun, congratulations! (even if they don't seem very playable imho)

Uh ... so buy a card for 3 M€ - use as 5 M€? ... that doesn't sound balanced or reasonable at all. It removes the important choice about keeping cards - of course you keep them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
I had thought of creating corporations for each of the factions in Dune. The idea would be that this is taking place long before the events of Dune, but would show the earliest beginnings of the groups.

A big part of dune is also about terraforming a desert planet, although not all factions are so interested in aiding the process...
This could be a spin-off game too, "terraforming arrakis"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
moreON wrote:
Duinhir wrote:

Uh ... so buy a card for 3 M€ - use as 5 M€? ... that doesn't sound balanced or reasonable at all. It removes the important choice about keeping cards - of course you keep them all.

I'd tweak it a bit: Discard the card to gain $5 toward a card that shares one of its tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Ferreira
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
PandemiCo.

Tags: 1 Microbe, 1 Science

As your first action each generation, reveal and discard the top two cards of the project deck and use their costs to place a copper cube on the board as you would place a starting city and greenery in solo play. For the very first generation, do this three times rather than once.

If ever you would add a fourth cube to a hex, instead add one to each adjacent hex. This may chain, but each hex can only be affected once per generation.

Whenever you place any tile, remove any of the cubes on it and draw a card for each one. Whenever an opponent places a tile, they simply remove the cubes.

Starting Resources: I genuinely wouldn't even know where to begin with the starting MC to balance this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Do we already have a "This should be a geklist" icon? Because I'd want to put one here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.