Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question:

We played last night and it didn't seem like there is any way to replenish cards into your hand during your turn, so you have the 5 or 6 cards you start with and that's it. Is this correct?

(I realize that you draw back up during cleanup, swap cards, and call for backup. I'm just seeing if there is some other way to get cards that I'm missing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand (and have played), you only have the 5 or 6 cards in your hand, which you can use or trade with the center row/other players. That's why it's not a good idea to get too overzealous treating patients, because you could end up with a new patient and no cards left in your hand to make a supply that they need, sending them right to the morgue...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kagan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EYanyo wrote:
As far as I understand (and have played), you only have the 5 or 6 cards in your hand, which you can use or trade with the center row/other players. That's why it's not a good idea to get too overzealous treating patients, because you could end up with a new patient and no cards left in your hand to make a supply that they need, sending them right to the morgue...

Correct! only way to save yourself from this predicament is to have some supplies ready in your spare cabinets if you run out of cards and have to sustain a new patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kagan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
swoop_ds wrote:
Just a quick question:

We played last night and it didn't seem like there is any way to replenish cards into your hand during your turn, so you have the 5 or 6 cards you start with and that's it. Is this correct?

(I realize that you draw back up during cleanup, swap cards, and call for backup. I'm just seeing if there is some other way to get cards that I'm missing)
Correct - I added more flavor in the other response as well for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls