Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Holm
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things I enjoyed the most about L5R in the 90s was playing with four or three players. The new LCG is quite different, I'm betting, but still I'm looking forward to figuring out home-brew options for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text is written in such a way that it seems they were purposefully leaving the possibility of multiplayer games open. Also they have repeatedly refused to comment on multiplayer games of L5R. They could have easily just said it was not going to be supported. So I think your hope is justified. Though I would be patient because I'm sure they plan to ensure the 2 player game is solid and well adopted before they start talking about official variant gameplay options. Other LCGs have multiplayer modes, draft play and Netrunner even has a legacy mode expansion so they are certainly not afraid to try alternate gameplay modes in their LCGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
islander wrote:
One of the things I enjoyed the most about L5R in the 90s was playing with four or three players. The new LCG is quite different, I'm betting, but still I'm looking forward to figuring out home-brew options for this

I've already got a proposal written up for variant multiplayer rules. Haven't posted them anywhere yet because a) haven't been able to test them and don't expect to for a while, and b) not sure if anyone is interested. Since you've brought up the topic, I'll go ahead and post them in another thread as soon as I get time, and then people can tear them apart, and if/when FFG finally releases multiplayer rules, we'll see how different they are.

Edit: link here -> RFC: Unofficial Multiplayer Variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
phillosmaster wrote:
The card text is written in such a way that it seems they were purposefully leaving the possibility of multiplayer games open. Also they have repeatedly refused to comment on multiplayer games of L5R. They could have easily just said it was not going to be supported. So I think your hope is justified. Though I would be patient because I'm sure they plan to ensure the 2 player game is solid and well adopted before they start talking about official variant gameplay options. Other LCGs have multiplayer modes, draft play and Netrunner even has a legacy mode expansion so they are certainly not afraid to try alternate gameplay modes in their LCGs.

My thoughts exactly.
While watching gameplay videos I came across several times wordings such as "Choose an opponent.."; "an opponent's character". The question immediately came to my mind "Why say it like this in a 1v1 game?" They could just say "Your opponent.." or "Your opponent's character.." etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.