Subject: Release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that some art is posted for the cover, is there any sort of release date for the game? I see it's marked as a 2017 release. I don't suppose there's hope we'll see it before 2018 in some form?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes not before May 18 indeed...

It is a big project for several reasons:
- This game is a prequel of a book that deals with the same emperors and it explains what the emperors are doing during the night in Small City... So I wanted to release also the book in English.

- This game is in the Small City universe, so many things have been thinking again in this way, with several winks to my other games.

- This game might contain 40mm figs for the Emperors and for the Sicarii if I go with a deluxe edition. With KS everything is possible. Producing figs is a challenging project that I would like to try.

- This game is mixing two strong theme: The Roman Empire and the Modern cities. It should explain that history is an eternal beginning.

- This game is a game about Influence and power in a city with asymmetric powers for the Emperors and it takes some time to play test and balance everything. Like in the other games in the Small City Universe, I wanted to balance two main strategies, the Victory points strategy and the money strategy. One is more tactical than the other, and the latter is more tactical.

- The game is taking place during the night, so it took us some time to choose the illustrations of the modular boards. I wanted the city by night, but not too dark. But how to see the night without darkness.

It is dangerous to keep your Emperor alone in the dark, the opponents might use their sicas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.