Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I have some sad news for those who were following this game.
After I have spent over a year of development on Deep, Leder Games has told me that they will not be publishing this game in any capacity.

That means I retain the rights to the game, but now need to find another publisher if I wish for it to reach market. So if there are any interested parties out there, feel free to reach out to me!

Sorry for all those who were excited about the game, I was as well. Hopefully it will still find its way to market sooner rather than later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammer
United States
Durham
NC
flag msg tools
GLORBUS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that sucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kshathra wrote:
Well that sucks

Aye, that it does
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to express my DEEP compassion for this event. I was really looking forward to seeing this game in action, and it looks like there was quite some commitment from the team presenting it, too. Actually, I still am. I have started to learn patience, and will keep subscribed to BGG for this game in the hopes it finds a new home. Please keep us posted.

Was there a specific reason for this, or is it just a kind of "we will focus on what we estimate will yield the biggest return on investment for the end of the financial year" thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Herman92 wrote:
I just want to express my DEEP compassion for this event. I was really looking forward to seeing this game in action, and it looks like there was quite some commitment from the team presenting it, too. Actually, I still am. I have started to learn patience, and will keep subscribed to BGG for this game in the hopes it finds a new home. Please keep us posted.

Was there a specific reason for this, or is it just a kind of "we will focus on what we estimate will yield the biggest return on investment for the end of the financial year" thing?

I was not given any real specifics about why it was canceled beyond that they were not satisfied with my design.

I thought the design was quite good however, and the feedback from those who played it was pretty positive. I was looking forward to sharing it with the world...and hopefully will still get the chance to do so in the future. Thank you for sticking around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. This stinks! I will stay tuned for future good news though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stavrinos
Greece
flag msg tools
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind." - Member of the Ka-tet
badge
"Jurors are outstanding members of the community who haven't murdered anybody. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn... Good luck with the game mate. It looks very interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. Also leaving a comment to show that I'm following the game. Good luck in your search for a publisher!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a loss for Leder Games.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help spread the word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ridel wrote:
That's a loss for Leder Games.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help spread the word.

Thank you, Colin and the rest for your support. I am exhausting some other options and trying to make things work. Should know what approach I need to take in the next week or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a real shame. I was looking forward to this. Does this mean you won't be able to any of the art and assets that were already created? If so, that's another shame! I hope you're able to find a new publisher soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue

That sucks. I thought this was a really good marriage...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lagerquist
United States
Pleasant View
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT P500? There's been a smattering of successful space games published by GMT recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a 4x fan, I was looking forward to this. It’s unfortunate, but if the game is good, it will find another publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27239669#27239669
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As Patrick has posted in the other thread, a tentative deal has been worked out. Hopefully we will be able get Deep onto Kickstarter and then onto your gaming tables!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wish so and I'll be there meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
As Patrick has posted in the other thread, a tentative deal has been worked out. Hopefully we will be able get Deep onto Kickstarter and then onto your gaming tables!

This is good to hear. I hope everything works out for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher eastwood

New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
I hope it gets picked up quickly.

Will you still be play testing and posting periodically on game mechanic development? I'm really interested to see how the mechanics flesh out.

I backed the third (i think) wave of Vast on kickstarter. Really like the unique competitive nature of it. So when I saw this I got pretty excited for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jimdandyccfries wrote:
I hope it gets picked up quickly.

Will you still be play testing and posting periodically on game mechanic development? I'm really interested to see how the mechanics flesh out.

I backed the third (i think) wave of Vast on kickstarter. Really like the unique competitive nature of it. So when I saw this I got pretty excited for it.

Its in a pretty solid place in my opinion, but Patrick wants to bring another designer on board. So I would likely wait for the other designer to join the team before working on it anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T

Minnesota
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Please see the following thread.

Official Status of Deep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.