Subject: Ogre rockbreaker skill question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all,
we are playing and we ran into the ogre rockbreaker for the 1st time.

He skill is attack bam: defender gets -1 blue dice

per rules, you are suppose to do a single roll (attacks and defense) and then apply attack effect before defense effects.

we got on his yellow dice: 1 sword, 1 sword, 2 sword and 1 bam
on defense dice of the heroes: 1 blank and 1 shield (both blue)

we apply the bam from the ogre. ??? which choose which one to remove? how this apply? should we roll attack dice 1st and if he gets a bam, then remove a defense dice before rolling, ignore the roll all together rule?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defense enchantments happen first. So you can spend bams and diamonds before the results are removed (shields that are removed will not count though).

The official stance on the Enemies removing dice from the Heroes is Heroes get to choose which die gets removed. It's a tad silly, but that's what's been stated. If you find that too easy, simply choose to always remove the worst die for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks clipper! yea, we are moding that, is too silly for our taste...
another questin if you don't mind..

In +1 re-roll attach (e.g. shadow barbarian 2H weapon skill) If I roll a black, 1 sword and 2 sowrd -1bam. Can I choose to re-roll only the blank or do I roll ALL dice.

By reading p53 it sounds I have to do all or none, but now sure.

thanks

I found this trying to find the answer:

DoctorBandage wrote:
Generally speaking, the effect will specify re-rolling blanks on either attack dice or defense dice or your choice of either, but not both. Re-rolling both would usually be counter productive anyway.

Re-rolling blanks works the same way as re-rolling any dice and follows the effect descriptions on page 53, except only re-roll the blank results:
Quote:

+1 Re-roll Attack – You may re-roll all Attack dice one additional time.
+1 Re-roll Defense – You may re-roll all Defense dice one additional
time.
+1 Re-roll Attack or Defense – You may choose the Attack or
Defense dice to re-roll one additional time.

Unless otherwise noted, you would need to re-roll all blank dice if you decide to use the re-roll. This shouldn't be much of a worry though, as any result is usually better than a blank.

but when is not blanks, I`m not sure how to play it

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1- Re-roll Attack is always all of those dice, as stated in the description in the rules for this ability. All the Attack Dice means all of them.

Blanks are different in that you can choose with an ability such as "You may re-roll blank results 1 time". It doesn't use the word 'all', and thus you can choose. This was ruled upon, probably after the post you quoted was written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perfect! thanks, that`s how we played it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Personally I just remove dice before to make it easy and fair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jos Black
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:

How? You don't know if a BAM will be rolled or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackerHawk wrote:
ryolacap wrote:

How? You don't know if a BAM will be rolled or not...

we were removing the die and if a BAM was not rolled then rolling the die. but this mechanic is on quite a few things, some weapons actually let me decide which color die. So now we are going with "remove the best result" .. the way is a tad easy for us, so we are increasing difficulty whenever we can, so that might change to "remove best result for heroes, worst enemies" thematically, the darkness affect us more LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official rule is you choose which die is removed. Actively choosing the die that is worst for you is a valid choice and doesn't even require house ruling if you prefer the game to be harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the rules don't state it, I prefer to remove the best dice when a skill like the Rockbreakers comes into play. Thematically it doesn't make any sense why the enemy would make you remove your worst dice roll. Plus it makes these abilities much less potent for enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.