Subject: Making the Dice Poker a little less random rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, just a few variants I've been trying out. They add a little less randomness to the mix I feel and make showdowns a little more exciting at times.

1) Everyone gets one free reroll - any items or high noon cards grant a third reroll.

2) Texas Hold Em showdowns.

When a player starts a showdown, if there is another player in the car, they can initiate a gambling round. They can choose not to. Players who say yes to gambling round, must outnumber the no responses. Lawbots always say yes. (exception: if there is only two players in a car, then the player with the least amount of money gets the final say)

If gambling has begun, players must ante 1 dollar.

Players then roll like normal. After the first roll, players may gamble more, just like in real poker. Any raises must be met by other players involved. Lawbots do not put any money into the pot. (Players though can only gamble away as much money as the player with the least amount of money).

If players match, they are allowed to reroll once. Players can also choose to fold. Players that do, automatically lose, but only potentially lose one extra gold. Lawbots never fold.

Unless players have items or abilites that grant them one more reroll, compare hands.

Winner gets a choice. They can take the pot + one extra gold from a player of their choice or they can take one piece of equipment from a player. The money in the pot, gets as evenly spread out as possible in that case.

If lawbots win, all money gets confiscated.
Players can choose to forfeit equipment instead of losing the gold they bet if that's the case.

Everything else stays the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We also are working with players playing 5-card draw as opposed to stud for showdowns. I want to feel epic, not equal to a lowly deputy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
We also are working with players playing 5-card draw as opposed to stud for showdowns. I want to feel epic, not equal to a lowly deputy.

Yea, nice thing about the rules being so simple, it's pretty easy to tweak them just a bit.

I understand to a degree why they had it just be stud and one roll, but would have been nice to be a bit more complicated or have some ready made variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.