Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking - as many of us crazy people here - about getting the Legendary Box. But there is another question/idea.

An organizer should get Scythe + Invaders in the original box. Correct?

Do Wind Gambit plus Expansion 3 fit in one of the small expansion boxes?

It is not about the price (the organizer costs a lot of money, too), but more about the space in my game shelf :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Core game + Invaders fit in core box without organizer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horstderadler wrote:
An organizer should get Scythe + Invaders in the original box. Correct?

That's correct but as Marcus said it is not necessary.

horstderadler wrote:
Do Wind Gambit plus Expansion 3 fit in one of the small expansion boxes?

If I recall correctly, Jamey said that expansion 3 would be the size of Invaders AND Wind Gambit together. So I doubt you could make it fit into one of the small expansion boxes in addition to Wind Gambit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well then that should mean that base box plus 3rd expansion box should fit everything perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Do Wind Gambit plus Expansion 3 fit in one of the small expansion boxes?"

No, not even close. Even The Wind Gambit by itself barely fits in the Wind Gambit box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

No, not even close. Even The Wind Gambit by itself barely fits in the Wind Gambit box.

*drools*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

No, not even close.

Question, answer, problem solved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

*drools*

AUTOMATIC BUY 1db5db5db5db5db1db1db1db1db1db1db
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's get this one out of the way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Longwell
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my main concern is that until the organizer for expansion 2 and 3 release (which it sounds like will be when expansion 3 is more finalized) the big box will be half empty with the current BT insert. It's not the biggest deal, but since my games all fit on my shelf sideways, that would cause a problem until the other insert makes it into production. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy it regardless, but is there anything coming with the big box to "fill" that space in the meantime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elijah: Yep, that's why we included the three filler boxes in the Legendary Box. You can see them in the unboxing video at the bottom of this page:

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/legendary-box/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Longwell
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! Somehow I missed that video before. Thanks for clearing that up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignatius MP
Spain
flag msg tools
Are we fucking crazy??? That box is really expensive and it doesn't even come with an almost perfect and well-thought insert tray!!! I cannot believe it, I have seen games that with that price come with it and the game! Of course, the quality box is not comparable, but c'mon! A plastic tray at the very least...

I'm feeling ashamed because you do consider that we board game players are such an idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Dude - nobody forces you to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignatius: There are a lot of wonderful third-party insert companies that support Scythe with their inserts, and I did not want to undermine them by including an insert in the Legendary Box. Rather, those companies are our partners for selling this box.

You're welcome to your opinion about the box itself, but please do not suggest that I think board gamers are idiots (otherwise I would think I'm an idiot, as I'm a huge board gamer!). As I've indicated in a number of places, I felt weird making this product. It was a fan idea that gained traction, and eventually I was like, okay, fine, I'll make this for you.

I even cut our profit margin to keep the cost down for consumers. Based on how much it costs to make this product, the MSRP should be $35, but that seemed way too high to charge for a box with three smaller boxes inside. So I artificially deflated the cost to $25.

So while it may not be for you, the intent of this box isn't to swindle--it's to make a thing that thousands of people asked me to make. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider making an effectively empty cardboard box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I like the idea of the box, and I think I responded in the positive early on with it, now that I've watched the video...I'm not so sure. I like the concept of fitting everything in the one box, but I do have that nice numbered lid...and I'm not super excited how it works on the mega box. I'm also kind of iffy on how massive that box gets. I don't know, got to think about this one. And me, posting the take my money meme... blush At hte very least, I'm waiting until I have Wind Gambit in hand before deciding on the giant box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
While I like the idea of the box, and I think I responded in the positive early on with it, now that I've watched the video...I'm not so sure. I like the concept of fitting everything in the one box, but I do have that nice numbered lid...and I'm not super excited how it works on the mega box. I'm also kind of iffy on how massive that box gets. I don't know, got to think about this one. And me, posting the take my money meme... blush At hte very least, I'm waiting until I have Wind Gambit in hand before deciding on the giant box.

I will be putting my numbered lid on my big box. I care about that number more than the combined artwork.... then again I might change my mind once I have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klurejr wrote:
I will be putting my numbered lid on my big box. I care about that number more than the combined artwork.... then again I might change my mind once I have it.

Seeing the artwork, I am torn about the numbered lid also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw: I bought the organizer from Broken Token. Not cheap, but really really nice!

The time to set the game up and to put everything back is reduced a lot. And the material itself is good, too.

So I will see for the L-box :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will the artbook and board extension fit into the legendary box with fully closed lid? I have the broken token organizer and right now the board extension makes the lid get raised...I don't have the artbook yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: The Legendary box is exactly twice as tall as the original box, so yes, there's plenty of room for everything. Full details are here:

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/legendary-box/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.