Triplock» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Station - Room 4 Question and side question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through the first 3 rooms with success. 1 and 2 are quite easy. The 3rd room was challenging and I managed to win it in the 10th round.

Now that I got to Room 4 I have following question. Spoilers alert

Spoiler (click to reveal)
On the room card, it says the following: Any time one part of a Diagram is completed, it is rotated to the next part not yet completed, keeping it in play.

Now the question here is: when I solve the first part of the diagram, there are 2 unsolved parts - left and right. Can I choose in which direction to rotate or should I use the general consensus used in the game - rotate always left?

That can change tactics a lot as you can "combine" both diagrams to suit your needs if you can move either way

Now to the side question: When playing solo, does it makes sense to hide the card, as in turning it face down, if you are actually allowed to look at the diagram any time during the game? I guess you can leave it face up while playing solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Loyd-Hearn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played for the first time last night. I played face up since there were no opponents other than the AI. I turned counter clockwise, but I guess you could choose either way? Ultimately it is at your discretion in solo play. Maybe start with either way, and then challenge yourself more by sticking with one way (like I did). I completed it on the very last turn....phew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like an option, but still would be interested to know how it was designed. I played it either way and I managed to finish in the round 6. Got a bit lucky with the diagrams though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe (hope!) that the diagram cards should be played face up. This is a co-op room, so surely you can help each other. When playing solo with the two character cards it's not an issue - both diagrams are face up. I did play it by selecting a direction and then sticking with it, but I think one character was solving clockwise and the other was solving anti-clockwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to pop in and confirm with you all that yes, either rotation is fine as it doesn't distinguish one or the other. It was designed to give you the option.

Oh and yes, face-up is fine in this one as there is no AI opponent or room rules countering it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Josh! Perfect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.