Popular Tags: [View All]
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched the forums and found a bunch of people asking what to sleeve...

For anyone who purchased the "Deluxe" sleeves from the first KS what is the sleeve quality like? I have the Swan PanAsia thin sleeves and haven't really been overly impressed with them. I am very much considering doing the sleeve everything add-on for this KS but I wanted someone to comment on the quality before I pull the trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are excellent, thick sleeves. I got 200 and there were no issues (all same size, well fitting & easy to handle).

Id say they are similar quality to FFGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
They are excellent, thick sleeves. I got 200 and there were no issues (all same size, well fitting & easy to handle).

You sir just cost me $80. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
TBH - i don't think that you need to sleeve everything, i've ordered 200 more for the expansion and will just sleeve events & action cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was impressed by quality them as compared to the other 80x80 sleeves in the market, but I still had issues with basically an entire pack worth of sleeves being cut in different sizes... So much so that you could barely fit the cards into them and/or they clearly stuck out of the rest of the deck when shuffled together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:
jond wrote:

Or you could spend less than $10 and get them now...

https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/moving-sale-huge-blo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Quarashi wrote:
jond wrote:

Ya but those are not deluxe - so it's a question of quality. If you want the deluxe the add on is a good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:
For anyone who purchased the "Deluxe" sleeves from the first KS what is the sleeve quality like?

Very nice and sturdy. They are 125 microns thick. For reference, Mayday premium sleeves are 90 microns -- I'm not sure about other brands.

EDIT: The sleeves in the Kickstarter may be 90 microns after all. In the first couple days of the current campaign the question was raised and the report at the time was 125 microns. However, another backer reports differently:

Quote:
Bruno just replied to a message I sent:
"Hi Glenn,
Thank you for your message and support.
They are meant to hold 80x80 mm cards (so my guess would be 82x82 mm?) and the thickness is 90 microns.
Hope that helps
Bruno"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and p&p from Mayday directly will cost you a lot....so its better to have them as part of the KS pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Plus Mayday's quality control isn't that great. Like others, you might get sleeves not to the proper size. For the number of cards in 7th continent, I would highly recommend some other source that Mayday. Even their name doesn't exactly inspire!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Just to add my feedback as well, thickness wise, they are similar to the FFG sleeve or the UltraPro Deck Protectors which I like, nothing thin like penny sleeves. Within a pack, the cuts are consistent, however, across packs, you might see some minor variance in size, which I guess is to be expected between batches

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
solanthos wrote:
I too was impressed by quality them as compared to the other 80x80 sleeves in the market, but I still had issues with basically an entire pack worth of sleeves being cut in different sizes... So much so that you could barely fit the cards into them and/or they clearly stuck out of the rest of the deck when shuffled together.

Also liked the quality but mine were cut in different sizes as well, not that they had problem fitting but you clearly feel the difference in size between sleeves from different packs when you shuffle them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Quarashi wrote:
jond wrote:

No, I'm sorry. I bought those sleeves from Mayday, and i'm very dissatisfied with the quality. They are basically expensive penny sleeves. Difficult to shuffle as they fit so loosely.

Looking for better quality now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.