Hide
6 Posts

Of Dreams & Shadows» Forums » General

Subject: Language dependent - how much? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zanfib Vestis Inquisitatis
msg tools
I'd very much like to buy this game but some of my friends have a knowledge of english that could be called superficial at best. I understand that it's cooperative play but...
- if you just have texts to read to the group I can read and translate, no problem
- if there are texts that the single player has to understand by himself, well... solitary key-words (e.g. DEFENSE) or even really short sentences may be ok, anything more is probably not.

I couldn't find enough about the cards and the play to understand if I can buy it as it is or if I'd better wait for a translation.
Could any of you help me?

Truly grateful
Zanfib

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as one person is ok with reading the text on cards it should be ok. Nothing is kept secret and there isn't an overwhelming amount of text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Whoa! That was a quick answer!
Thank you a lot, I think I'll try my luck, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
You actually need at least 2 people to read. If you read your own quests, you can easily see the result of your actions, influencing your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thank you for the explanation.

Just a quick follow-up question: if there are Quests where knowing in advance the possible outcomes might skew the results, doesn't that limit A LOT the longevity of the game?

After all, the second or the third time I play one of the three scenarios I would already know a lot of the quests...

Thank you in advance.
Zanfib

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Gaetz
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mosch wrote:
You actually need at least 2 people to read. If you read your own quests, you can easily see the result of your actions, influencing your choice.

I’ve been using a square bit of foam core (anything would work, foam core is rigid so it works well) to cover the “choice” section of the text, plus the cards are laid out well enough that what you want to cover is lower on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.