Subject: Claw Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katie Havard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think the wording is clear, but the picture is contradictory. When a worker that has a claw component attached displaces another worker, can they only displace opponents? Or can they also displace their own workers?

The wording says you can displace opponents, but the picture example shows a Blue guy displacing another Blue guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
katiedz wrote:
So I think the wording is clear, but the picture is contradictory. When a worker that has a claw component attached displaces another worker, can they only displace opponents? Or can they also displace their own workers?

The wording says you can displace opponents, but the picture example shows a Blue guy displacing another Blue guy.
Note that there are no "blue" pieces; "blue" in the rules refers to a generic worker (as evidenced in the Symbols list in the rules, where a blue worker icon refers to "a worker, normal or upgraded.")

The rule wording is clear, and confirmed on the player mats: claw workers can only displace opponents' workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only opponents. There's a perk card that lets you displace your own workers, and the Side B power of the Red Player allows the double clawed worker to displace their own workers. These powers would be pretty pointless if it were already allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Havard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, Thanks all. I haven't played my copy yet. Was reading the rules (without the game in front of me) and getting ready for a play this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.