Subject: My Storage Solution for Sekigahara rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for a cheap way to store Sekigahara after falling in love with it after a few plays. Since there seems to be a lack of commercially made inserts (and I'm tired of Plano boxes at the moment) this is what I came up with (note, this is the 3rd edition with the deeper game box):

Pretty much, the only thing you need to buy in this case are four standard Ultra Pro Deck boxes (between $3-5 on Amazon in USA):
https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Card-Deck-Box/dp/B0002TT3B6...

Other than that card sleeves are obviously optional. In my case I'm using the Ultra Pro standard sleeves. Only gripe is that they seem to be a tad on the short side so I might give FFG sleeves a go next time.

Basically each players deck of cards are stored in their first deck box. Each players starting wooden blocks are stored in their second deck box. And each players small cubes are placed in a small zip-lock bag, also stored in their second deck box. The other random wooden blocks for each player are located in the included black string bags.

The goal was to reduce setup as much as possible. Each player gets their respective bag and their two deck boxes and they're pretty much good to go. The key is having the starting wooden blocks separated from the rest. You don't have to hunt around for the starting ones anymore. The starting wooden pieces easily fit inside each deck box so you don't have to position anything in this setup to get it to fit correctly. In addition, removing the starting blocks from the bags allows them to easily fit between the deck boxes in the game box so there's no issues there either.

The game board and manual/references sit evenly on top of the four deck boxes. The top of the game box closes perfectly with no gap and the lid being flush. The deck boxes are pretty much an ideal height for this game box.

I hope this is helpful to you guys!

• [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lucas
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lafber
France
ASNIERES SUR SEINE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very clever!

Sekigahara is an awesome game but a hell to store within the box. Getting rid of one of its very few drawback is great.

Will do it for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lafber wrote:
Very clever!

Sekigahara is an awesome game but a hell to store within the box. Getting rid of one of its very few drawback is great.

Will do it for sure.

Hope you're referring to first edition slim box. Second edition box as shown is very easy to use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve just gotten the game. I found a plastic box on my shelf I can use for the blocks that fits under the insert’s center section. I think it’s going to work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.