Hide
5 Posts

New Angeles» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How to play Weyland Consortium? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gans Andersen
msg tools
How to play and what strategy for Weyland Consortium? It is often problematic to put a token of outage on the board, other corporations are easier to fulfill their contract terms. It seems that Weyland is the weakest corporation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this game about 4 times, and it is true that in two of those games Weyland did badly, but this is not always the case. When I played them I ended up winning. I just made sure that there were a lot of Humanity First hanging around and fought against plans to get rid of them, then I would do a quick coverup for 4 capital and the zone would go back into outage.

There are random elements in this game as well, if the event deck spawns you outage, or if the back of the event card is an outage symbol, you have an advantage.

Before I remember reading of people complaining that NBN is the weakest faction, but really a lot depends on the way obstacles come onto the board and how the players decide to react against those obstacles.

The other thing to mention is I feel it doesn't matter very much if the factions are imbalanced so long as they are not wildly imbalanced. Any perceived imbalance will dwindle away in negotiations, as this is primarily a negotiation game.

Example: Jinteki seemed like the strongest faction in our group because their emergency action allowed them to get four more capital than anyone else. If they offered their emergency action and there were four illnesses on the board (especially if we did not need to remove all four) then the entire table played hardball against Jinteki when it came to negotiations, asking for a cut of the potential 8 capital that Jinteki was getting.

TLDR: Other people think that NBN is the weakest faction. This game is about negotiation and so slight imbalances probably strengthen the game rather than weaken it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played twice with a full complement, and we all thought Jinteki was the toughest to play. Illness always seemed to be a secondary problem, until it wasn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelwegerst wrote:
How to play and what strategy for Weyland Consortium? It is often problematic to put a token of outage on the board, other corporations are easier to fulfill their contract terms. It seems that Weyland is the weakest corporation?

You do realize that the Human First guys are on your payroll, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gans Andersen
msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:
Zelwegerst wrote:

You do realize that the Human First guys are on your payroll, right?

Yepmeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.