17 Posts

Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Expansion... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
Hi,

I'm currently working on a huge expansion project for this game and was wondering if any one knows where I can get a decent sized/resolution foul icon from?

I was able to get the regeneration icon https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/blood-... and the others from FFGs youtube channel, but I can't find the foul icon anywhere... can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have it, but if I get what you are referring to it is quite a easy shape to replicate.

Something like that popped out with thirty seconds googling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
Foul icon dude!!

That’s tackle and I’m trying to do a much more professional job than that. Foul is the fist and I’m looking for the actual icon information not naff look-a-likes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, very well, enjoy your search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
Don't be like that... I didn't mean to sound a tit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you may want to do is use FontForge to create a font with all the icons in it. I know some of them are inline with text and this will make things much easier for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
Thanks I'll look into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really want to make a custom team, make another team that can be played with the base game. The expansions have way too many rules for my taste and I just prefer to usually just play the base game to keep away from those other rules. Fouling to me is an unnecessary complexity. But there is a lot of room just to add another team to the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
OK

Our tastes clearly differ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
Maybe I wasn't clear at the beginning of this post or maybe background information was needed to help illustrate my request.

I play a custom variation of Blood Bowl Team Manager with my brother in which we have set up a league, where all teams compete throughout a season (based similar to the NBA season format with cup competitions thrown in much like the premier league). As fun for us this has been, only having 12 teams to use has limited the scale of our vision.

It is now extremely unlikely that this game will ever be officially expanded upon, so being a graphic designer I have set out to create more teams, 12 in fact, doubling the size of the game.

Norsica Rampagers
Frozen Kossars
Borderland Brutes
Forked Tongues
Tlanxla Javelins
Greenfield Grasshuggers
Caledor Dragons
Bright Crusaders
Ashvale Valar
Dead Wood Howlers
Underworld Judges
Cursed Assassins

I'm currently on my sixth team, the Greenfield Grasshuggers, a halfling team with attributes similar to the lowdown rats, in the fact that they are relatively weak on star power. To offset this I would like them to have the ability to foul, but I need a foul symbol (the one that looks like a fist) at a resolution suitable for print (300dpi (effective)), as I will be getting my final cards professionally printed.

I know my request is likely to prove fruitless and I will have to settle for a naff scan of the original. But, as a hopeful shot in the dark, I was wondering if anyone out there in the vast internet universe had a friend of a friend that maybe knew some one who had access to the official artwork, an employee of fantasy flight games or one of the printers that they use for the finished product or even the graphic artist him or herself, that would be willing to supply me with a .jpg, .png, .psd similar to the https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/blood-... release.

Thanks again
Me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen the Fierce Jungle Consortium of Gabriel Castro ?

Can you show us some of your cards ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
Yeah I have, he's basically the inspiration for me doing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Castro
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Yeah Horatio, the Foul Icon is without a doubt the hardest one to find in a decent resolution, Sadly i could find a great one. And the one i got of my scanner wasn't good enough. but i wish you luck, and if you find one please tell me about it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a proxy work for you?

Out of curiosity, I've just made a search for "fist icon" and it returned a lot of images to choose from: there are even a few tilted fists that look almost identical to the foul icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
Will do sir!

I've also been meaning to ask where you got some of your images from? My base team are screenshots from Blood Bowl II but my star players are from various google and Pinterest searches.

I'm a little nervous about posting my cards because of this, I don't want to get in trouble for copyright as I've used other peoples artwork without permission. Am I fretting over nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio von Ludvig
msg tools
I'm a little worried about a proxy not matching everything else. I think I'm just going to go down the same route as Gabriel and try make a scan work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Castro
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Bombadillo wrote:
Would a proxy work for you?

Out of curiosity, I've just made a search for "fist icon" and it returned a lot of images to choose from: there are even a few tilted fists that look almost identical to the foul icon.

i just grabbed images from google, i dont think you will get into trouble for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.