Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kimmings
United Kingdom
Bathgate
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone noticed how the designer's name is spelled one way on the front of the box and another way on the back? Hayashi on the front but HIYashi on the back with the credits. Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn between saying, 'Great Spot!' and 'You need to get out more'!!

I'm going for the former
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
k1mm1ngs wrote:
Anyone noticed how the designer's name is spelled one way on the front of the box and another way on the back? Hayashi on the front but HIYashi on the back with the credits. Weird.

Is that on the TMG version? Retail or Deluxe? Or is it on the original Okazu Brand version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
k1mm1ngs wrote:

Is that on the TMG version? Retail or Deluxe? Or is it on the original Okazu Brand version?

My copy of TMG retail has that. Though I don't know what the actual rules for transliterating Japanese names are, so they might as well be both correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
k1mm1ngs wrote:

My copy of TMG retail has that. Though I don't know what the actual rules for transliterating Japanese names are, so they might as well be both correct.

The rulebook of the TMG retail version also lists both Hisashi and Ryoko Hayashi, but the back of the box has both names as Hiyashi.

To add to it all, the pdf file of the deluxe TMG version rulebook has Hasashi Hayashi but Ryoko Hiyashi.

Now I'm really confused...

I'd imagine typos happen from time to time, no? This isn't so much a big deal as simply something to correct in later printings, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol mate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer's name is Hayashi both times on my deluxe copy, but the Art guy's name is Hiyashi, which might be causing some confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gergotz
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
The designer's name is Hayashi both times on my deluxe copy, but the Art guy's name is Hiyashi, which might be causing some confusion.

Just to clarify, the art "guy" is actually Hisashi's wife. She does the art for his games (I collect a lot of his stuff, especially the original Japanese editions when I can).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.