Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Tantrum’s Anger Management die, where you can raise or lower his Rage by + or - the amount rolled (such as 0.6), do you have to use the full amount, or could you, for example, increase your rage from 1.4 to only 1.8 if you roll the +/-0.6 result?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tantrum’s Anger Managerment
If you use it you do need to increase by the full amount - so in that case you'd have to make a choice of whether you want to use the result (maybe, if you have enough bones for "Calm Down"), or put the die back on your mat unused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
While this is not specified anywhere that I can see, until Adam or Josh can chime in, I can give you my two cents.

I would say, you have to use the full amount. The reason I'm pretty confident in this answer is because Ghillie's "Camo" skill has an increasing/decreasing mechanic as well. In the case of "Camo" you have to use the full amount. I don't really see Tantrum's "Anger Management" going by different rules.

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is fairly clear on Tantrum's sheet. "Increase or decrease Active Rage Die by #."

If you could do less than the stated number, it would say "Increase or decrease Active Rage Die by up to #."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
No argument there Shannon, it seems pretty clear.

As far as me saying, "It's not specified anywhere." This is true. They felt the need to address Tantrum's "Camo" in their FAQ. They haven't addressed this specific Skill in the FAQ yet. Given the wording you pointed out though, one can only assume that this is cut and dry like the wording on "Camo".

However, for all we know maybe there's more to it. An oversight maybe. I doubt it though and you're probably right, but no harm in making sure.

On this note, I'm really surprised at how clear the rules and references are for this game. A few ambiguities here and there, but that's to be expected. So far, I've had very little trouble getting this game up and running! Great stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vogler
Austria
flag msg tools
Example: Tantrum has 1.6 and uses Anger Management: rolls +-0.6. Can he advance to 2.2, or has he to go exactly to 1.8 in order to advance to the second rage dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bibliothekar wrote:
Example: Tantrum has 1.6 and uses Anger Management: rolls +-0.6. Can he advance to 2.2, or has he to go exactly to 1.8 in order to advance to the second rage dice?

He has to go exactly to 1.8 in order to advance.
My interpretation of the rules is that, he can use +/- 0.6 to increase 1.6 to 2.0, then use his backup plan to calm down

(of course assuming he has a bone, it is a lot better to use his backup plan to increase 1.6 to 1.8, advance to 2.0, then use anger management to increase it to 2.6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vogler
Austria
flag msg tools
Okay, thank a lot for the clarification, but so the anger management is not as good as i think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.