9 Posts

Dixit» Forums » General

Subject: So how do you end the game if playing with expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Walden
msg tools
mb
Should I just pull a random set of 84 cards each time? If I bought the base game and all the expansions that's enough cards for almost 150 rounds with 5 players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a score track that goes up to 30 (or you can count score yourself). If you want a set game, you can use that.

Dixit is also fun to just play as a filler game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
30 points?

robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
The end-game condition has always been a little wonky with Dixit. We just play until one or more players reach 30 points and then we end the game when all players have had equal turns being the Storyteller. Highest score at that point wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Walden
msg tools
mb
So they didn't make their own rule. This game seems casual enough that I'll either do my own suggestion, stop at 30 or do a set number of turns. I'll just gauge what the current group wants. None of them really changes the game anyway. Thanks everyone so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
They did officially change the rules in the first expansion to end the game when someone gets 30+ points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rules from the base box clearly say that the game ends either when the deck runs out (highest score wins)or when any player gets to 30 points and therefore they win.

With an expansion or eight you won't see the first scenario happening anymore, but the second condition still applies, it's not a house rule (maybe it wasn't present on the very first editions of the game?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Walden
msg tools
mb
Thanks guys. I'll end it at 30 then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We end it when every player has been Storyteller the same number of times. Two times each seems reasonable to us (depending on number of players, I guess).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.