United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What wargame or wargames have you just obtained? Please post your wargames that are newly in-hand.

That is...

HOLD OFF UNTIL THEY ARE PHYSICALLY IN YOUR POSSESSION.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to post this yesterday. But since I've already opened the new list...

Just picked up Sovereign Of The Seas, to once more complete my War at Sea family of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jackson
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Napoleons Quagmire in a nice trade with a BGGer. Technically received in the mail yesterday but I picked it up from the concierge this morning so I guess its ok for the October list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Holland '44 baby. Punched and ready, on the table this coming weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Wilk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new edition of Fields of Fire - a game that I have long wanted to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got hold of this (after a remarkably short search) - in shrink no less, and at a very fair price

Flashpoint: Golan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sevigny
United States
Washington
D.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid

Lesson learned: make sure payment info is up-to-date at GMT before a P500 game gets close to shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
LeZerp wrote:
Just got hold of this (after a remarkably short search) - in shrink no less, and at a very fair price

Teach me your secrets, wise one. I've been trying to pull this off for 3 years and I was willing to take shrinkless and punched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Islands of the Damned: Wake Island and Peleliu. Picked this up mostly to read Michael Rinella's article comparing his forthcoming Stalingrad: Verdun on the Volga with the predecessor area movement Stalingrad games (Turning Point: Stalingrad and Storm Over Stalingrad), which is a good article that articulated some of my own reservations about those games and gave me some other things to think about, while whetting my appetite for Michael's game even more.

Too soon to comment on Islands of the Dammed, I'm trying the Peleliu game now.

Included in the purchase from ATO was one of those post card games, Behold, A Pale Glider on the air assault of Eben Emael. I'm underwhelmed with that, minimal decision making and certainly no military insights, just pure game mechanics. More of an activity than a game, handy if you need to kill 15 minutes but not much beyond that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Siso
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
Praise the sun!
mbmbmbmbmb

Played a lot of B-17: Queen of the Skies back in the day and loved it so pulling the trigger on this one was a no brainer. Loving the components and so far the rulebook seems quite similar to the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cavallari
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My first foray into this Series

My first SCS game

I picked this up on a whim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turks1966 wrote:
, unless I get lucky and win the lottery, than I can get A Bridge Too Far: ASL Historical Module 6, chance are I'll never have it. Still very happy about what I picked up.

Damn true.......shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok...so while I have been buying games I have not posted them here for quite a while. I buy new ones and old ones.....I have a lot of nostalgia games from the biggies (SPI, Avalon Hill, GDW, et al) but do buy new releases too (currently waiting on three kick-starter releases). I also just bought a fun filler game Table Battles. But to day I just added to my nostalgia collection with a copy of
The Thin Red Line

get this, in ORIGINAL shrink with the old price tags still on!!!! It originally sold for 14.99 and was on sale for 7.50 when bought. BOY...those were the days!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris 2ème et Normandie
Australian nationality
flag msg tools
Bleu, Blanc, Rouge: Liberté, Égalité et Fraternité.
badge
Ravens.
mbmbmbmbmb
This month's haul after nothing last month is a TCS bonanza:

Matanikau: Battles on the Matanikau River, Guadalcanal, 1942

A Frozen Hell

GD '40

These three are unpunched and in pretty good shape. I'm pretty excited about GD'40 as that rounds out the collection. Thanks Mark at Second Chance Games! Very happy with the shipment and service.

As always, a happy month of gaming to you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not bought much over the last couple of years, but had a Napoleonics kick recently. This morning's delivery is not part of that, but I'm not complaining.

More games are on their way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eren Koyunoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genesis: Empires and Kingdoms of the Ancient Middle East and its mounted board. Heh the funny thing is that I was teaching Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian, Babylonian and Egyptian culture and art today at the university. Coincidence?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually, I got my mounted map board set which I have been looking forward to for a long time. Once I get current games in the queue out of the way, going to brush up on the rules and try out my Enemy in the East scenarios with USE. Looking forward to that as I enjoyed the Case Blue minigame a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
LeZerp wrote:

Teach me your secrets, wise one. I've been trying to pull this off for 3 years and I was willing to take shrinkless and punched.

Lucky one, more accurately. I simply went through the “for trade” listings here on BBG, and was lucky enough that the first in shrink I found was A: close by (in the UK), and B: an extremely reasonable man to do business with. I asked him his price and he quoted the average recent sales price, plus shipping, and we had a deal. First contact on saturday, package arrived at the post office thursday, and I had time to pick it up on saturday. YMMV, though

I see a VG copy for 50$ in the marketplace and at least one use copy (owner rates it a 3) in florida
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Duce
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just arrived

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb

Gifted to me. In shrink. Not sure to open or not, or just sell it along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
LeZerp wrote:
airjudden wrote:
LeZerp wrote:

Lucky one, more accurately. I simply went through the “for trade” listings here on BBG, and was lucky enough that the first in shrink I found was A: close by (in the UK), and B: an extremely reasonable man to do business with. I asked him his price and he quoted the average recent sales price, plus shipping, and we had a deal. First contact on saturday, package arrived at the post office thursday, and I had time to pick it up on saturday. YMMV, though :)

I see a VG copy for 50$ in the marketplace and at least one use copy (owner rates it a 3) in florida

Don't keep it in the shrink. Mark Herman games are never truly happy until they are on a table being loved by a grog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb

Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe

Just arrived! Really stocked to get through the rules, looks a little beastly. I ordered the mounted maps and Holland ‘44, but this is the only one that was in the box. Too bad they didn’t just group ship it. Hopefuly the rest shows up soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Online thrift store finds. An order slip from 15 years ago was tucked in one of the boxes and I googled the recipient's name on it and found some sad news; I genuinely hope the previous owner of these (obviously well loved) games is resting in peace.

Cataphract

War Galley

Salamis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonC wrote:

Holland '44 baby. Punched and ready, on the table this coming weekend.

Same here. Haven't played yet, but is a real beauty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachie Varley
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was technically in September but I hadn't got round to opening them:

No Retreat! The Russian Front

and

Space Empires: Close Encounters

Hopefully tonnes of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.